An air compressor is one of the best tools you can ever add to your garage or workshop. This tool is outstanding and can make your work a lot easier. If you want to run any air tool successfully in your workshop or garage, then you should look out for the best garage air compressor. You need to choose carefully when purchasing air compressors and this is why this write-up is put together. In this review, we will outline several air compressors that can give you good value for money and you can go for any of them when searching for the best garage air compressor.
- Best Garage Air Compressor Review
- Makita MAC2400 Big Bore
- SS3F2-GM 2hp Two-Stage Compressor
- Industrial Air 30-Gallon Belt Driven Air Compressor
- Viair Portable Air Compressor
- Rolair JC10 1 HP Oil-Less Compressor
- Makita MAC5200 Big Bore Air Compressor
- California Air Tools Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
- Twin-Stack 2 HP 4 Gallon Portable Air Compressor
- PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 Pancake Compressor
- Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Air Compressor
- Things to consider before buying a best garage air compressor
- Frequently Asked Question!
Best Garage Air Compressor Review
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore
This air compressor is one of the best money can buy. It is powerful and has what it takes to drive various air tools in your garage or worship. Each unit of the air compressor comes with a Big Bore engineered pump cylinder. It also comes with a piston that enables higher output and enables it to run various air tools successfully.
Some of the features are highlighted below-
- The motor is very powerful and has a capacity of 2.5 HP. It is a 4-pole motor and can serve you for long.
- The motor can generate up to 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI and this enables it to generate less noise and increase its productivity.
- The AMP generated by the air compressor is low and this enables it to draw lower occurrence of tripped breakers when the air compressor starts up.
- The discharge tubing is made of copper and this helps to reduce water in the tank and increase heat dissipation.
- The pump also runs at 1730 RPM, which is very low and this enables the air compressor to work at a very quiet level.
- The air compressor is highly durable and it is made to last for long. Its noise level is also 79 decibel, which is very low.
SS3F2-GM 2hp Two-Stage Compressor
The air compressor also works quietly, which makes it applicable for both indoor and outdoor uses. The quiet nature of the air compressor makes it useful for both indoor and outdoor. The air compressor is really handy.
Some of the features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor is quite easy to use and its operation is completely safe.
- The air compressor is super portable and can be moved around without anxiety. The design is in the form of a wheelbarrow and it is easily mobile.
- The air compressor is applicable for use both at home and the construction site. It can be used for operating different air tools.
- The motor has a capacity of 5.5 HP and the engine is powered by gas.
- The maximum operating pressure of the air compressor is 135 PSI and this makes it capable of operating various air tools.
- The frame of the air compressor is made of cast iron and it is highly durable.
- Additionally, the air compressor has a capacity of 30 gallon and this makes it able to last for long.
- The noise level of the air compressor is 80 decibel and this makes it able to operate without causing noise pollution.
Industrial Air 30-Gallon Belt Driven Air Compressor
This air compressor is undoubtedly one of the best money can buy for those who need an air compressor that they can use in their garage or workshop conveniently. It can be used both indoor and outdoor and it will deliver good exchange value. The air compressor has a capacity of 30 gallons and can, therefore, generate more air for the air tool.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The frame is made of cast iron and it confers durability on the air compressor, thereby enabling it to last for long.
- The pump is lubricated with oil and it also features two cylinders; it is, therefore, able to generate more power than many other air compressors in the same category.
- The motor in the air compressor is a heavy-duty induction mote and can generate maximum efficiency.
- It can equally generate up to 155 psi maximum pressure and this enables the air compressor to run various air tools.
- It also comes with a dual voltage motor, which can generate 120 volt and can be converted to 240 volts.
- The capacity of the tank is 30 gallons and this means that it can generate a lot of air for your air tool.
Viair Portable Air Compressor
This is one of the most impressive air compressors money can buy and it is one of the best to consider when looking for that perfect air compressor that you can add to your garage or workshop. It comes with an impressive design and it is durable, thereby, able to withstand any rough use at the jobsite. What is more, it can be used by virtually anybody.
More of its attributes are bulleted here-
- This is a portable air compressor and can be moved around very easily from one point to another at the jobsite.
- It generates 12V and can easily be used for inflating tires and some other simple purposes at the jobsite.
- The air compressor can be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor, especially because of its very low noise level that prevents noise pollution at the jobsite.
- Viair Portable Air Compressor works in such a way to help maintain your tire for a very long time so that it can last for long and remove the need to replace the tire too frequently.
- In fact, this is perfect for tires on various automobiles, like sedans, SUVs, trucks and small ATVs.
- This features LED powered indicator that makes it even easier to use.
Rolair JC10 1 HP Oil-Less Compressor
This is yet another portable air compressor that can make a lot of impact on your work at the jobsite. It is an oil-free air compressor and will not require too frequent maintenance. It can equally be used indoor, and you will not need to bother about its noise level, which is very low. You can easily adopt it for various trim and finish works.
Check below for more of its features-
- The air compressor can deliver 2.35 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The maximum rotation in the motor is 1725 RPM. As a result, the mechanism will not get damaged too fast.
- The tank capacity is 2.5 gallons and this makes it perfect for inflating tires of different types.
- The cylinder is made of cast aluminum and this contributes a great deal to the lightweight nature of the air compressor.
- Additionally, the air compressor is oil-free and this helps to reduce the frequency of maintenance, as well as, ensure that the air compressor can last for long.
- The noise level is 60 decibels and this makes the air compressor one of the quietest ever. This low noise level makes it applicable for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
Makita MAC5200 Big Bore Air Compressor
This is a very powerful air compressor and can serve various purposes at your garage or workshop. It can generate up to 3.0 HP and it produces very low noise. As a result, it will not cause noise pollution at the jobsite. It is an industrial air compressor capable of powering different types of air tools. It is a highly durable air compressor and comes with rugged wheels that make it easy to transport the air compressor from one point to another.
Check below for more of its features-
- The wheel is rugged and it makes it easy to move the air compressor from one point to another at the jobsite.
- It is also highly portable and also lightweight.
- Each unit comes with an inbuilt storage compartment in which you can store various accessories and air fittings.
- The air hose wrap can accommodate up to 50ft air hose and this contributes to the ease of use of the air compressor.
- Additionally, the air discharge tubing is made of copper and this helps to reduce water in the tank and also increases heat loss.
- The big bore cylinder and piston contribute to the durability of the air compressor; they are also built to last.
California Air Tools Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
This air compressor is one of the quietest air compressors you can ever come across. It is an oil-free machine and will, therefore, not require too frequent maintenance. It is a 2.0 HP air compressor that generates only 70 decibel of sound, which makes it very quiet and easily adaptable to both indoor and outdoor uses. The motor can generate a total of 1680 RPM, which reduces friction in the components and also ensure the air compressor can last for long.
See more about this air compressor-
- The air compressor is very quiet and only generates 70 decibels of sound. It can, therefore, be used indoor and outdoor without any noise pollution worries.
- The pump is oil-free and this will reduce the frequency of maintenance and ensure the air compressor can last for long.
- The motor has 2.0 HP capacity and generates a low amp of 7 amps.
- Also, the air compressor can generate a maximum of 6.4 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It can also produce a maximum continue running of 30 to 60 minutes; this depends on the CFM and PSI of the air tool.
- The tank capacity is 10 gallons and it is fitted with wheels that permit easy mobility
Twin-Stack 2 HP 4 Gallon Portable Air Compressor
This is an ultra-quiet air compressor and can be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor without constituting a nuisance or causing noise pollution. It is an oil-free air compressor and will not require frequent maintenance or stain the floor at the jobsite. The air compressor is very portable and it is a powerful air compressor able to handle various air tools at the jobsite.
See below for more of its features-
- The design is portable and this makes it easy for the air compressor to be carried about everywhere.
- It has a 2 HP capacity and can generate a maximum of 135 PSI operating pressure.
- It equally comes with a single-phase design together with a quiet belt drive operation.
- The design improves its durability and it equally comes with an enclosed frame and protective back shroud.
- Also, the air compressor comes with a front panel that is very comfortable to read. It equally features a regulator switch and pressure gauges.
- The tank capacity is 4 gallons and this makes the air compressor to be very light. You can even lift it with just one hand and the handle is strong.
PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 Pancake Compressor
This is one air compressor you can go for when looking for the best pancake air compressor. It is built to last and its durability is also outstanding. Additionally, the air compressor is rugged and can withstand any rough use at the jobsite. It is a lightweight air compressor and the pump is oil-free, thereby removing the need for frequent maintenance.
Mentionable attributes has been described here-
- The tank capacity is 3.5 gallons and this contributes to its portable and lightweight nature.
- It can generate a maximum working pressure of 135 PSI, which makes it reliable for driving various air tools at the jobsite.
- The air compressor can generate up to 120 volts and can start up very easily even in very cold weather conditions.
- Each unit comes with a quick coupler that enables fast access to regulated air.
- It is lightweight at 26 lbs and you can even lift it with just one hand.
- The noise level is relatively low; the air compressor generates 82 decibels of sound and will not produce too much noise at the jobsite.
- It can be used for various purposes, like moving smaller SCFM air tools, blowing and inflation.
Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Air Compressor
This is one of the best air compressors you can ever come across. It is made with cast iron cylinder that is built to last for long. The special bore and stroke also reduce the noise produced, enable fast recovery and increase its compression. The air compressor is durable and will always give good value for money. The pump is oil-lubricated and this helps to reduce the noise generated by the air compressor.
See more of its features below-
- The discharge tube is made of copper and this reduces water in the tank and increases heat dissipation.
- It also features a roll-bar handle, which increases its portability, as well as, protects the air compressor from damage.
- Additionally, the air compressor is designed for greater efficiency than many other air compressors in the same category.
- The air filter is large and of the industrial standard; it also enables higher air intake.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with oil sight glass that enables more efficient, easier and faster maintenance.
- The noise level is 80 decibels and this ensures that it can be used indoor and outdoor without worries about noise pollution.
Things to consider before buying a best garage air compressor
A lot of things need to be put in mind when buying an air compressor for your garage, for your auto body work. There are so many of such air compressors out there today and you may get confused about the right one to buy among them, especially if this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor for this purpose or any other purpose for that matter. This section of the review is put together to guide you on those very important things to consider when buying best air compressor for auto body work or best garage air compressor or other works. Continue reading for helpful tips on how to choose the right one.
Check the noise level
The noise level of the air compressor is one of the most important parts to check when buying an air compressor. It is in your best interest to buy an air compressor with a very low noise level. Only such an air compressor can be used conveniently indoor and outdoor. An air compressor with low noise level will not cause noise pollution and will not prevent you from communicating easily at the jobsite. The noise generated by noisy air compressors can be annoying especially when you have to use the air compressor for a very long time. So, make sure the noise level is one of the primary factors you consider.
Tank capacity is important
You should equally consider the capacity of the tank before you buy an air compressor for auto body work as well as at your garage. The capacity of the tank goes a long way to determine how long the air compressor can run. Since auto body works usually go on for a prolonged period, it is very important to go for an air compressor that has a large tank capacity In that case probably you would seek for the best 80 gallon air compressor or the best 60 gallon air compressor.
This way, you will not have to refill the tank too often. This will be in your best interest of course. At the same time, you should bear in mind that the size of the tank can determine the weight of the air compressor. This means air compressors with large tanks will be heavier than those with smaller tanks.
Frequently Asked Question!
Should I buy an oil-free or oiled air compressor?
Both oil-free and oiled air compressors have their pros and cons. An oil-free air compressor does not require oil and will, therefore, not require frequent maintenance. Such an air compressor will also not cause stain on the floor of the jobsite. It can also be trusted to last for a very long time. On the other hand, an oiled air compressor does not generate as much noise as an oil-free one. Be that as it may, it will require more frequent maintenance than an oil-free type. So, you should consider the pros and cons discussed above and use the information to decide the right air compressor to buy.
How easy is it to get spare and accessories for air compressors?
This should not be entirely difficult. You can contact the manufacture of the air compressor for spares and accessories. The outlet where you bought the air compressor is yet another place where you can buy the accessories. However, this is easier if you purchase from a wholesaler as a retailer may not be able to help out in this regard. The beauty of it is that some air compressors come with various accessories and this removes the need to buy accessories.
How can I buy the air compressor cheap?
The cost of air compressors differ one from another and this is yet another important factor to consider when buying an air compressor. If you want to buy the air compressor cheaply, you should find out if you can order directly from the manufacturer since the factory price is always very low. However, many manufacturers do not sell singly but sell in bulk. If buying a single unit from the manufacturer is not possible, then you should focus on wholesalers and this will help reduce how much you will have to pay for the air compressor. You can reduce the overhead cost of buying the air compressor from outlets that offer free shipping.
Which noise level is ok?
Air compressors come with different noise levels. When looking for the right air compressor to buy, you should consider one that has the lowest air compressor possible. Air compressors that make a lot of noise are not always comfortable to use. If the air compressor is to be used outdoor, you may not really worry much about the noise. The reverse is the case if it is to be used in a workshop or a garage; then the noise will undoubtedly become bothersome. It is always better to opt for an air compressor with a very low noise level to avoid noise pollution both indoor and outdoor.
What size tank is best?
The purpose of buying the air compressor can go a long way to determine the right tank size to go for. If you need an air compressor that can work for long, then you should go for one that has a large tank size. Such an air compressor can generate a lot of air for the task at hand. The best air compressor for painting cars is one that can deliver a lot of air for a very long time. But For your small garage or home where you need smaller capacity tank, you could seek for the best 6 gallon air compressor or the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor etc.
Is it oil-free or not?
One other very important factor to consider when buying an air compressor is the type of pump it has. Find out if the pump is oil-free or not. Oiled pumps tend to make less noise than oil-free ones. However, the oiled pumps require more frequent maintenance than oil-free air compressors.
The details about air compressors given above can guide you when looking for the best garage air compressor. With the help of the details above, you will never have a problem choosing the right one among the various air compressors sold out there today. Each of the air compressors come with different capabilities. So, you should consider your specific needs before you buy any of the air compressors discussed above. Whatever the case may be, you will get good value for money on any of the air compressors above. It is better to always check the various air tools you have in your workshop before you buy an air compressor.