There are so many types of air compressors out there today and they all claim to be the best. However, studies have shown that not all the air compressors being sold out there today can be trusted to deliver good value for money. The pancake air compressor is one of the best, money can buy and you should only focus on the best pancake air compressor when shopping for yourself so that it can serve you for many years and without any problem whatsoever.
In this write-up, we will show you a series of air compressors that are designed to get the job done seamlessly. You can trust the list below when looking for the best pancake air compressor.
- Top 10 Best Pancake Air Compressor Review
- DEWALT – Pancake Air Compressor
- PORTER-CABLE Pancake Compressor
- Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor
- Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
- CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor with Kit
- PowerMate Vx Pancake with Accessory Kit
- Porter-Cable Pancake Air Compressor
- BOSTITCH Pancake Compressor
- PORTER-CABLE Pancake Compressor
- Thomas Compressors Pancake Compressor
- Things to Consider Before Buying Best Pancake Air Compressor
- Frequently Asked Question!
- Last Thought Before Buy
Top 10 Best Pancake Air Compressor Review
DEWALT – Pancake Air Compressor
This is one of the best air compressors with a pancake tank. The pancake tank gives the air compressor incomparable stability and it can, therefore, withstand rough usage at the jobsite.
It comes with a motor that has high frequency and this enables it to let out more power. The motor is powerful enough to start up in all weather conditions, even in the cold. You can also use an extension cord application for it; the cord is up to 50 feet in length.
Check below for more of its outstanding features-
- The tank has a 6-gallon capacity and the pump can deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI. It, therefore, has a quick recovery.
- Its noise level is 75.5 dBA. This means it is relatively silent and can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes without impeding ease of communication.
- The pump is oil-free and this means you will not have to waste money on maintenance.
- The outlet tube will never be a catch point because it is rerouted.
- Each unit comes with 2 universal couplers and this helps to support two users.
- It also comes with a cord wrap to enable easy storage.
- Furthermore, the air compressor features a high-flow regulator and this increases its performance.
- The motor is powerful and can even start up in very cold condition.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor-DWFP55126 is very light in weight and it is easy to move it from one place to another; it does not weigh more than 30lbs and you can even lift it with just one hand.
PORTER-CABLE Pancake Compressor
This beautifully designed air compressor is made to last for long and also to withstand any condition at the jobsite. The pancake tank confers incomparable stability on the air compressor.
The pancake tank is fitted with rubber feet and this promotes stability, as well as, reduces vibration. The pump can produce up to 150 PSI. This extreme high pressure confers a longer air tool performance on the air compressor. This ensures a short recovery time as well.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The pancake tank confers optimal stability on the air compressor.
- The vital components are protected by a console cover. It also has a handle that enables easy lifting and handling.
- Each unit of the product comes with an oil-free pump and this removes the need for maintenance, as well as, ensures the pump can last longer.
- The motor has a 120V and a low amp rating. The motor has adequate power to start-up even in cold conditions at the jobsite.
- The air compressor comes with a tank of 6 gallon capacity. It also has four rubber feet to improve stability.
- Additionally, the air compressor prevents leaks and saves user’s labor with the inclusion of factory-installed air coupler and plug.
The air compressor is convenient to transport from one place to another. It is lightweight and has a low noise level. As a result, it can be used both indoor and outdoor without disturbing conversations.
Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor
This is yet another type of pancake air compressor worthy of note. It is designed in a portable way enabling easy mobility anywhere you may want to use the air compressor. It comes with an 18-gauge brad nailer and it is one of the most convenient air compressors around.
If you are looking for the best air compressor for painting cars, you can go for this particular one and you will never regret it. The hybrid air hose stands it out and the air compressor is designed to combine both high-level performance and quality.
Its outstanding features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor can run several nailers at the same time depending on the particular application.
- It is a highly durable air compressor and very rugged as well.
- It is among the most popular air compressors around too.
- The air compressor comes with an oil-free pump and will not require any maintenance.
- The hose is very easy to clean and also enables easy extraction of nail in the event of a nail jam.
- Additionally, the air compressor permits the end-user to select contact fire or bump fire modes by simply flipping a switch.
- You can keep oil, debris and dust away from your finish project thanks to the 360-degree adjustable exhaust port.
The ruggedness of the air compressor ensures that it can withstand any condition whatsoever at the jobsite.
Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
This air compressor is beautifully designed and one of the best air compressors money can buy. Despite its beautiful, delicate appearance, it is rugged and can withstand any kind of condition at the jobsite. It is also designed to last for long and can even start up in the cold thanks to its super powerful motor.
You can use this air compressor for various purposes, like powering air brushes, air staplers and even air brad nailers. The air compressor is also very light and can be lifted with just one hand. As a result, it is handy to move it about. Each unit also comes with 25 feet recoil hose.
Check below for more of the features that make this air compressor to stand out-
- The air compressor is lightweight and it is not heavier than 13 pounds. The handle is sturdy and it is, therefore, easy to carry about.
- The air compressor can be used for air brushing application. It can equally be used for stapling and brad nailing. You can equally apply the air compressor for inflation.
- Any one can monitor the air pressure at a glance via the gauge placed conveniently on the machine.
- You can use the air compressor for a very long time and it will never require any maintenance because of its oil-free pump.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 25-foot recoil hose and other items, like air chuck, 2 inflator nozzles, needle adapter and needle.
- The air compressor has on-board storage that helps the end-user to keep all the accessories in an organized state.
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor with Kit
This is a very special air compressor and comes with so many features that make it one of the best air compressors for your inflation jobs and several other jobs, like air brushing, brad nailing and stapling.
It is ultra-light in weight and it is designed to last for long. It is free of maintenance and you can use it for many years to come. The air compressor is not heavier than 30 pounds and capable of a quick recovery.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- Each unit comes with an oil-free pump that can last for long without any maintenance.
- The air compressor is equally capable of a maximum pressure of 1150 PSI.
- It only weighs 30 pounds.
- Additionally, it has rubber feet for more stability and it can withstand any condition at the jobsite.
- The noise level is just 71 decibels and this makes it possible to use the air compressor both indoor and outdoor.
- This can equally be used for bowing out a sprinkler system.
- The high-performance motor can manage start up in very cold condition.
PowerMate Vx Pancake with Accessory Kit
This air compressor is among the best pancake air compressors money can buy. It is fitted with a 25-foot air hose and the air hose can be recoiled to improve storage. Other unique inclusions are a thread connector, a quick coupler, ball tire chuck, adapter fitting, 2 raft/mattress inflation nozzles and inflation needle.
You will not have to worry about maintenance stress also and this is made possible by the oil-free pump. Apart from removing the need for maintenance, the oil-free pump equally ensures you will not have to go through messy oil changes.
Check below for more of its features-
- The air compressor is lightweight and can be lifted with just one hand.
- It is also super portable and this enables prompt storage and you can put it conveniently in your car trunk without any hitch or hindrance.
- The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for maintenance, as well as, ensures the longevity of the air compressor.
- It comes with rubber feet and this promotes stability at the jobsite. Needless to say, the inclusion of a pancake tank also improves its stability.
- The air compressor features an ultra-strong motor that can start up even in very cold weather condition.
- Each unit of the air compressor equally comes with a 25 inches coil hose, inflation Needle Adapter, Inflation Needle, Ball Tire Chuck and so on.
You will surely get good value for money when you buy this air compressor.
Porter-Cable Pancake Air Compressor
Porter-Cable C2002R Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor is one of the most portable air compressors out there today. It is the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor you can buy and it has got all the qualities you can ever hope for in an air compressor. It is an oil-free air compressor and it is designed to last for long.
Its high-level performance equally makes it stand out from many other air compressors around. The air compressor equally has multiple applications. It can be used for firing a nailer, filling tires and so on.
Check below for more of its features-
- The air compressor can generate pressure up to 120 PSI and this makes it capable of delivering multiple services.
- The 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI permits a quick recovery of the compressor.
- The motor is soft and smart; it is oil-free and will not require any maintenance. It will equally last for long.
- The motor is durable and rugged; it can withstand any condition at the jobsite. It is equally strong enough to start up in very cold conditions.
- The air compressor is portable and very light. It can be lifted off the ground with ease and you can move it around without much trouble.
- The pancake design of the tank confers optimal stability on the air compressor also.
- Additionally, the air compressor only weighs 30 lbs.
BOSTITCH Pancake Compressor
This air compressor is one of the most portables you can ever find around. Its portability means that it can be stored easily and also transported from one place to another without any hitch whatsoever.
If you need an air compressor that will give you good value for money, then you should not consider any other air compressor than this one. The air compressor is oil-free and you will also not need to maintain it at all for many years of use.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor comes with an oil-free facility. As a result, it will last for long and will not require any messy oil change.
- It generates 150 maximum PSI and its SCFM is at 90 PSI to enable a very long run-time and ensure a quick recovery.
- The motor is really powerful and can even start up at a very low atmospheric temperature.
- The tank capacity is 6 gallon and each unit of the air compressor comes with a 50 feet cord.
- Additionally, this air compressor comes with a noise level of 78.5 decibels and this makes it one of the quietest air compressors around.
- The air compressor is super light; it only weighs 29 pounds. As a result, you can easily carry it about and also store it without hassle.
- The oil-free nature of the pump means that you will not have to worry about messy oil change while using this air compressor.
PORTER-CABLE Pancake Compressor
PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon Pancake Compressor is a special air compressor that will give you good value for money. It comes with a pancake tank to make it even more stable and capable of withstanding any condition at the jobsite.
It comes with a plastic casing that helps to protect all the internal components from the elements. The pump does not require any maintenance and the motor is powerful enough to start in cold weather condition. The air compressor is equally lightweight and easy to carry about; it only weighs 26 pounds.
More of its features are described below-
- The air compressor is very light; it weighs 26 lbs and easy to move about. It is also one of the most portable air compressors available today.
- The air compressor is equally fitted with a motor having low ampere and 120V. The motor is powerful and can start up even in cold weather condition.
- The extra-powerful motor can last for years and will not require a replacement for a very long time.
- Each unit of the air compressor features an oil-free pump. The pumps are designed to last for long and they will not require any maintenance. They are also ultra-durable.
- The pump delivers 2.0 SCFM at 90 PSI and this makes it capable of various applications.
- Also, the air compressor has a tank capacity of 3.5 gallons. It, therefore, has a quick recovery and can also run for long.
Thomas Compressors Pancake Compressor
The air compressor is one of the most efficient air compressors money can buy. It does not make much noise and you can use it indoor conveniently without constituting noise pollution.
The air compressor comes with a 4½ gallon tank and can last for long. It equally boasts of a quick recovery. The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for maintenance. It also saves you from the stress of changing oil. The oil-free nature of the pump means it can last for a very long time. The durability of the air compressor is not in doubt at all.
Check below for more of the features that make this air compressor to stand out from many others-
- This air compressor is relatively heavier than many other air compressors in the same category; it weighs up to 53 pounds.
- It comes with a pancake tank and this improves its stability so that it can remain solid even in the roughest condition at the jobsite.
- The air compressor is able to deliver up to 2.7 CFM at 100 PSI.
- Also, it can start at 100PSI and stop at 125 PSI. Its recovery time is super quick; only 18 seconds.
- Additionally, the air compressor comes with an oil-free pump; this removes the need for maintenance and gives assurance that the air compressor will last for a very distant future.
- Its motor operates using a standard 15 amp circuit. The motor is powerful and can start up at low atmospheric temperature.
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Pancake Air Compressor
You will find so many pancake air compressors out there today with many of them claiming to be the best. However, it is unfortunate that only a few of these products can be trusted to deliver on their promises.
You need to look before you leap when buying an air compressor. You should look around for one that can give you good value for money and will not give you any problem. In this section of the write-up, we will show you a couple of things to consider when looking for the right air compressor to buy.
What is the size to go for?
Air compressors come in different sizes and the one you go for can be determined by the extent of work you want to carry out. If you need an air compressor with a large capacity, you can look for the best 10 gallon air compressor. This type can work for a very long time and get all your jobs done without requiring any refill.
Such a large-capacity air compressor can be useful for various tasks like sanding and painting. If you need an air compressor for lighter tasks, like inflating tires or cleaning, you can go for air compressors with less volume.
Consider the amount of pressure that you need
Air compressors also come with different pressure ratings and this must be put in mind when buying your own. The devices you have in your shop can help determine the range of pressure you pick in the air compressor.
Most of the air tools around the place need 90 psi for proper operation. You can opt for a pressure range of 35 psi to 60 psi for paint guns. Tire machines, on the other hand, will need pressure to 130 psi, while truck jacks can require up to 165 psi compressor pressure.
Consider the ease of storage
One other factor to consider when buying Best Pancake Air Compressor is the ease of storage. You should consider the atmospheric temperature that prevails in that area where you want to store the air compressor first before placing it there.
Find out if the temperature in that area is stable or not since an air compressor should be stored under a stable atmospheric temperature. Make sure that the spot is equally well ventilated to prevent overheating of the area, which may cause the air compressor to shut down.
Frequently Asked Question!
How can I choose the right compressor for painting?
Painting work is a heavy-duty work and one of the first things to consider when buying an air compressor for painting is the capacity of the tank. Painting task can go on for a long time and you will, therefore, require an air compressor with a large capacity tank.
You can look for the best 20 gallon air compressor so that you will not need to refill it for long. Aside from the capacity of the air compressor, you also need to consider the discharge air quality of the air compressor.
What air flow should I consider in an air compressor?
Air flow can be defined as the ability of the air compressor to carry out a task within a given period of time in a continuous manner. The length of time you need to do a task can determine the air flow that you should consider.
Many of the tools will come with the specification of their CFM and this will guide you on the right air flow to consider for that air tool. If you are not sure about the air flow to go for, you can simply ask for assistance from the seller.
How much horsepower should I consider?
The horsepower is another prime factor to consider while buying an air compressor. There is a proportional relationship between the horsepower and the CFM. The CFM of an air compressor will increase as the horsepower increases. Many experts are, however, of the opinion that the horsepower is not as important as the CFM and the PSI when buying an air compressor.
This does not mean that you should not give the horsepower a good consideration when buying an air compressor. You should also realize that the cost of the air compressor can increase as the horsepower increases.
What size of tank should I go for?
The size of the tank is one other noteworthy consideration while purchasing an air compressor. The size of the tank determines the amount of pressurized air that can be stored in the air compressor.
An air compressor with a large tank can attain the minimum pressure needed in the system without exerting much energy; the reverse is true for air compressors with smaller tanks. Bear in mind also that bigger tanks will remove the need to refill the tank too often and this will save you a lot of effort and ensure that the work can go on smoothly for as long as you want.
What is the compressed air application required for auto body work?
The level of compressed air quality needed for a solvent-based and water-based paint differs. Water-based paint needs an oil-free, clean dry air for the best result without fish eyes. This will help to remove the need for repainting or reworking.
On the other hand, solvent-based paints do not really need oil-free air. You can get rid of contaminants and impurities by using coalescing filter since the contaminants or impurities can easily damage the paint surface leading to extra labor.
Last Thought Before Buy
We have taken our times to look at the different types of air compressors available out there today, especially those with a pancake tank. You can go for any of the air compressors described above when looking for the best pancake air compressor.
All of them will give you good value for money. Keep in mind that their tank sizes differ. You need to put this in mind while choosing any of the air compressors described above. You may also want to consider the cost when buying yours.