Air compressors can be used to power tools on the go and their benefits cannot be overemphasized. If you are a painter, you will also find air compressors to be one of the best tools you can ever use. The bigger the capacity of the more air compressor to take the air, the more value you can get from it. You can go for the best 80 gallon air compressor if you need an air compressor that will work for long. In this review, we will focus on the best 80 gallon air compressor money can buy.
- Top 10 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews
- 80 Gallon Vertical Two-Stage Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
- 80 GALLON 5 HP SINGLE PHASE Air Compressor Schulz
- Powermate Vx 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- Chicago Pneumatic Air Compressor 80 Gallon
- HPDMC Single Phase Air Compressed System with 80 Gallon Tank
- BelAire 80 Gallon 1-Phase Vertical 2 Stage Air Compressor
- Industrial Air ILA4708065 80-Gallon Air Compressor
- 7.5 HP 3 PHASE 80 GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR
- Things to consider before buying the Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- Frequently Asked Question!
Top 10 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews
80 Gallon Vertical Two-Stage Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
This is one of the best air compressors to consider when looking for an air compressor with 80 gallon capacity. The air compressor can meet your high demands and get the job done effectively. It can also be adapted to several purposes and this makes it the best tool for different categories of craftsmen and blue-collar job experts. You can equally acquire this air compressor for some of your heavy-duty domestic purposes.
Some of its outstanding features are highlighted below-
- It can be used for numerous purposes, like grinding, cutting sheet metal, automotive sanding work, automotive spray painting and so on. Even a DIY user with serious intentions can go for it.
- The entire operation is fully enclosed in metal and this protects the components from the elements and prevents easy damage. This will prevent quick damage of the air compressor.
- Each unit of the air compressor can work for up to 12,000 hours on a go without requiring any repair or maintenance, which is yet another sign of reliability.
- The air compressor is designed to help you finish your projects very fast so that you can save time and money.
- As its name indicates, the air compressor has a tank with 80 gallon capacity and this means that it will not require a refill after several hours of use.
- The air compressor is oil-lubricated and made with commercial-duty cast iron, which gives assurance that it will last for long.
80 GALLON 5 HP SINGLE PHASE Air Compressor Schulz
This is yet another reliable air compressor with 80 gallon capacity. It is a single-phase air compressor and powerful enough to get the job done for you very fast. Its motor is a 5 HP affair and this gives assurance that you will get adequate power behind every operation. It looks portable in its design also despite its huge capacity.
Check below for some of the many features that make this air compressor really special-
- The air compressor is a V and W heavy-duty air compressor and will always give you good value for money.
- The air compressor can be used for driving pulleys conveniently and it can deliver great power for the purpose.
- It features a pressure gauge indicator that informs the end-user about the current operation of the air compressor to make monitoring very easy for the end-user.
- The air compressor comes with a heavy-duty cast iron construction that promotes longevity and reduces the need for constant maintenance.
- The tank equally comes with a condensate tank drain that can be controlled manually by the end-user.
- Furthermore, the air compressor comes with an ASME safety relief valves and ASME air receives.
- The intake silencer or filter in the tank is quite large and this enables the air compressor to withstand heavy use.
- The pump is designed to last for a very long time and each unit comes with up to a 2-year warranty that gives credence to its longevity.
Powermate Vx 80 Gallon Air Compressor
This air compressor is one of the most affordable air compressors with 80 gallon tank capacity. It is powerful enough to handle all your purposes of air compressors. The tank is durable and designed to last for long. It is made of steel and this prevents leaks, as well as, forestalls rust. Made with very strong materials that give assurance of reliability. It requires little maintenance and will also not need repair too often.
Check below for some of the features that make this air compressor stand out-
- The motor can deliver up to 4.7 HP and its other ratings are 15 amps and 240 volts. It is, therefore, a very powerful motor able to make a difference.
- The air compressor also offers up to 155 PSI maximum pressure, which makes it able to do all the intended tasks.
- Additionally, the air compressor provides 14 CFM at 90 PSI and this makes it perfect for longer air tool run times on hammers, spray guns, impacts and ratchets.
- The air compressor has a tank with 80 gallon capacity and will not require any refilling for a very long time.
- Furthermore, the air compressor is built with steel, which helps to improve its durability and makes it able to stand its ground against the elements.
- The crankcase is made of cast iron and the pump is oil-lubricated. The 1-piece cast iron confers additional strength to the air compressor.
Chicago Pneumatic Air Compressor 80 Gallon
This air compressor is designed to make an impact on your work and it is ready to run from the start. You only need to connect it to a power source and it will start working instantly. The compressor is factory-tested and in very perfect condition. It can also deliver full pressure to make your projects successful each time. The air compressor is designed to last for long and will always give you good value for money.
Check below for more of its outstanding features-
- Each air compressor has an 80- gallon tank capacity for longevity. It means there is no need to stop midway during your projects.
- The body of the air compressor is made with cast-iron. This confers longevity on it, as well as, makes it relatively lightweight.
- It comes with a magnetic starter that makes it a lot easier to operate. It also features the start/stop pressure control for a better experience.
- The electric motor is thermally protected also and this helps to prevent the motor from damage, thereby ensuring that it can last for long.
- The belt guard is fully enclosed and this ensures that it will not be damaged easily by rough usage at the jobsite.
- The end-user is further protected by the safety valve fitted to the tank of the air compressor.
- The motor is a single-phase and designed with very good standard. The manual drain system puts control in the hand of the end-user.
HPDMC Single Phase Air Compressed System with 80 Gallon Tank
This air compressor is a specially designed system for heavy-duty usage. It comes with a uniquely compact design and it even works quietly despite its size. What is more, you can install the air compressor virtually anywhere. It has wide use also. It can be useful for inflating tires at a tire shop, maintenance shop and the paint shop. Many automotive dealers equally use the air compressor.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- It is designed in such a way to lower the cost of energy consumed.
- The motor has up to 96% efficiency and it is highly reliable for different kinds of purposes across different industries.
- The motor is very powerful and the air intake filter is highly efficient.
- It comes with a standard silent enclosure that helps a lot to reduce the noise level and vibration.
- The quality of the air compressor is not in question at all and it is packaged to be delivered in the most professional manner imaginable.
- The air compressor is designed to save energy thanks to its highly efficient motor.
The air compressor features a two-stage compressor head and its efficiency is 17% higher than what you will find in a machine producing single-stage compression. This air compressor is designed to remove unnecessary waste and pressure and it is a highly reliable machine. The machine does not generate any leak and the large filtering area in the filter makes it even more efficient.
BelAire 80 Gallon 1-Phase Vertical 2 Stage Air Compressor
This is a very special air compressor and has got so many features that you will rarely find in many of the other air compressors around today. The air compressor features all you can ever need for the complete optimization of your work and it will equally help a lot to minimize your down time. You will always get good value for money when you use this air compressor.
More of its many features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor can generate 208 to 230V with its single-phase design.
- It equally comes with the start-stop pressure switch control for an improved function and perfect protection of the machine from damage.
- Each unit comes with the ASME safety valves belt guard that is also fully enclosed for complete protection from the elements.
- The air compressor also comes with a discharge valve and a tank drain.
- Each unit has 2 years warranty, which is a sign of reliability.
- Each customer will have access to technical support in case things go bad.
- It will last for several years and will also not require much of a repair or maintenance so that you can use it for many years without getting worries about the machine going bad.
The air compressor comes with a relatively low noise level. As a result, it can be used conveniently anywhere for that matter. Instead of going for the best 60 gallon air compressor, why not simply go for this one? It will prove to be one of your best decisions ever.
Industrial Air ILA4708065 80-Gallon Air Compressor
This is yet another outstanding air compressor that is designed to give good value for money. It is equally among the most affordable air compressors on the market today. This 80-gallon air compressor comes with a cast-iron cylinder and its oil lube pump features a single piece cast iron crankcase. The cast-iron cylinder body is also thermally stable and designed to last for long.
More of its many features are highlighted below-
- It comes with a high air flow single stage, which is 14 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The air compressor can generate a maximum pressure of 155 PSI and this makes it one of the best air compressors to consider when looking for a machine that can give optimal performance.
- The control panel is integrated and includes the pressure relief valve, quick connect air outlets, air flow regulator and working pressure gauge.
- The capacity is large at 80 gallons. This makes available more air and ensures a longer runtime on various air tools, like hammers, spray guns, impacts, ratchets and so on.
- The air compressor equally comes with a full metal belt guard.
- The design adds a good measure of portability to the air compressor.
- The air compressor can generate up to 240 volts and its running HP is 4.7.
The styling is automotive in nature and it is designed to last for long. It will equally not require too much maintenance.
7.5 HP 3 PHASE 80 GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR
This air compressor is specially built to get the job done perfectly. It comes with a low RPM and its balanced drive pulleys ensure that the end-user can get more out of the machine. The pressure gauge indicator will also help you to read the current pressure at any point in time without any hassle. The air compressor has a tank with 80-gallon capacity. It is, therefore, reliable and can help get the job done faster than ever.
Check below for more of its many features-
- The air compressor comes with an 80-gallon tank and this means that it can run for many hours nonstop.
- It is also designed in such a way to ensure complete protection against extreme corrosion so that the machine can serve you for a longer period.
- The tank is coated with powder and this helps reduce the frequency of maintenance.
- It comes with notched belts standard and low-pressure drop so that it can deliver almost constant pressure all through the project.
- The air compressor is built in such a way to prevent humidity and pressure from getting into the motor so that it can also last for long.
- Each unit comes with a 2-year warranty, which is a sign of reliability and also a sign that the machine will last for many years to come.
- It is equally very easy to get the belt pressure adjusted so that you can get more productivity out of the machine.
Things to consider before buying the Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor
There are so many types of air compressors used for auto body works as well as other works out there today and virtually all of them claim to be the best. However, it is unfortunate that only very few of these air compressors can be trusted to deliver on their promises. This is why you should be very careful when selecting an air compressor. Make sure that you choose carefully so that you will not end up making the wrong choice. In the remaining part of this write-up, we will enlighten you about how to choose the best 80 gallon air compressor or the best 40 gallon air compressor or the best 6 gallon air compressor or any other type for that matter for your work and make your convenient comparison.
Consider the size
There are so many sizes or capacities of air compressors out there today. The size of the air compressor goes a long way to determine how much work it can do. Air compressors with 80- gallon capacity tanks can be trusted to run for a longer period compared to one that has just 60- gallon tank capacity. Auto body works usually continue for several hours and you are better off with an air compressor that has a very large tank capacity. You should consider this factor when purchasing the best air compressor for auto body work.
Consider the cost
One other very important factor you should consider when looking for air compressors for auto body work or other works is the cost of that particular air compressor. Before you go in search for the right air compressor for your project, you need to first consider how much money you can spare for the air compressor. The amount of money you can spare goes a long way to determine which air compressor you end up purchasing. This simply means that an air compressor with say 20-gallon tank capacity will not be as expensive as the one that has 80-gallon tank capacity.
Consider the pressure amount
You should always consider how much pressure the air compressor can produce before you buy it. The more the pressure the better for your auto body work, the better the performance. Before you buy any of the air compressors sold out there, you need to first consider the specific requirements of the various devices that you have at your workshop. This will help to determine the particular pressure rating to consider when buying the air compressor. Many of the tools require 90 PSI, but a tire machine will need as much as 130 PSI to function effectively.
Frequently Asked Question!
How can I determine the right pressure in the air compressor I want to buy?
Different air compressors come with different pressure ratings. Choosing the right one to buy among them based on their pressure ratings is not difficult at all. Before you buy the air compressors, you should first determine the pressure requirements of the various equipment you have at your workshop and this will help determine the right air compressor to buy. If you are considering an air compressor for truck jacks, you will need an air compressor with a pressure rating of 165 PSI. A paint gun can work perfectly with an air compressor with 35 to 60 psi.
How does pressure rating relate to CFM?
Studies show that the air compressor tends to generate higher CFM when the pressure is lower. This means it also generates less CFM when the pressure is higher. This is to say that what really drives the tools in your workshop is the CFM. If for example, you are having a tool requiring 90 PSI and another tool requiring 135 PSI in your workshop, it is always better to go for an air compressor that can deliver as much as 145 PSI or even higher. You can then make use of a pressure regulator for feeding the air tool at its preferred pressure.
How can I properly store my air compressor?
Before you store your air compressor in a particular location, you need to first consider the size of the air compressor and if it can be contained by the space you have created for it. The size of the space is not the only factor to consider; you should also consider the room temperature in that location. The air compressor is better stored in an area that receives adequate ventilation. If the room is not well ventilated, the air compressor can shut down because the poor ventilation can cause the room to overheat.
What size of air compressor should I go for?
The size of the air compressor to buy depends a great deal on the quantity of work. You can go for the best 20 gallon air compressor for the money. It will be suitable if the project in question will not take much time. However, an 80-gallon air compressor may be the best choice for you. As a matter of fact, you will use the air compressor for several hours nonstop. While choosing the tank capacity, also remember that the size of the tank. You can determine the space where you can store the air compressor.
Which is the right compressor for painting?
When choosing an air compressor for painting, you need to consider two issues. First, determine the pressure and then the air volume of the air compressor. If you do not want any rework problems, then it is better to go for an air compressor that has discharge air quality. It will also help ensure that you do the job very well each time. Make sure the air compressor also comes with the right inline filtration and air-dryer.
The information provided above would have enlightened you about how to pick the right air compressor. If you are confused about which one to buy, all you have to do is to go through the reviews. And it will help you to determine which air compressor is best for you. If looking for the best 80 gallon air compressor money can buy, you can go for any of the ones. Just go through the review and you will not regret it. They all have their specific features and each of them is made to last for long.