An air compressor has so many benefits and you will find it applicable to so many purposes. It is a useful air tool and can be applicable to so many purposes in your workshop. Among the best pancake air compressor, the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor can find application in different aspects of life.
For example, it can be used for pumping tires and so on. It can equally act as a source of power generation and many of them can be used on the go, as well as, for powering various power tools, like nail guns, air-powered painting tools and so on. You can pick any of the air compressors discussed below when looking for the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor.
- Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Review
- BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor 6 Gallon
- PORTER-CABLE 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor
- Ridgid 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor
- CRAFTSMAN 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor
- Ridgid Electric Pancake Air Compressor
- DEWALT 6-Gallon PSI Pancake Compressor
- CRAFTSMAN 6-Gallon Air Compressor
- DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor
- Craftsman Portable Air Compressor
- Things to Consider Before Buying
- Frequently Asked Question!
- Final Thought
Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Review
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor 6 Gallon
This is one of the best air compressors to buy when looking for a 6 gallon air compressor. This is built to last for long and it will always give you handsome value for money.
It comes with long term warranty and you will not have to waste your hard-earned money on maintenance or repair. The air compressor is portable and can be moved about quite easily. You will also not have the problem storing it at home or in your garage.
Check below for many of the features that make this outlet standing out from many others in the same category-
- The air compressor can generate CFM at 175 PSI and this makes it powerful enough to operate different types of air tools.
- The air compressor comes with a patented design. In this way the pump can work coolly for a very long time.
- Also, the air compressor comes with low pump RPM, oil drain with 4 inches extension and easily accessible oil level sight glass. Additionally, it comes with an industrial style air intake filter.
- The electric pump is designed to be protected from thermal overload. This gets the pump protected from voltage fluctuations. As a consequence, you will not need a magnetic starter.
- Moreover, the tank capacity is 6 gallons and this makes the air compressor to be super light. It comes with a handle that makes it very easy to carry it from one place to another.
- The design is also in such a way to improve stability at the jobsite. You will always enjoy using this air compressor for sure.
PORTER-CABLE 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor
This is one other outstanding air compressor that will always reward you good value for money. The performance is superior and it is highly compact. It works quietly and will not cause unwanted noise pollution so that you can use it conveniently both indoor and outdoor.
The compact design makes the air compressor promotes easy storage and this means you will not need a lot of space to store the air compressor.
Check below for more of the features that make this air compressor very special-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 1-year limited warranty on the complete package and 5-year limited warranty. This is a sign that the air compressor will last for a very long time to come.
- You will never have to bother about repairing or changing any of the major components like the heat exchange, cooler exchange, separator reservoir and motor in the air compressor for as long as you use it.
- The air compressor has one of the lowest noise levels you can ever come by. Its noise level is 62 to 68 decibel and this enables it to work silently for many hours every day.
- Each of the air compresses is designed for 100 duty cycle and it is designed to last for longer period beyond your expectation.
- There is also no transfer of vibration and this helps to keep the parts intact, as well as, reduce the noise generated by the air compressor.
- The 6-gallon capacity of the tank makes it very easy to move around from one place to another and also make it light.
Ridgid 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor
If you need a beautifully designed air compressor, there is no better product to consider than this particular one. You can always go for this particular one when looking for the best 40 gallon air compressor and it will prove to be a good choice. The air compressor is designed in such a way to promote stability at the jobsite and you will always get rich value for money.
Check for More-
- The pump RPM is 900 and this makes it capable of running different types of air tools
- The air compressor equally comes with a CFM displacement of 18.3
- Additionally, the air compressor runs at 175 PSI at 15.2
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with Jenny Ultimate Blue compressor pump oil
- The tank drain is mounted on the bottom of the air compressor.
- The auto start/stop control feature makes the air compressor a lot easier to use.
CRAFTSMAN 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor
This is beautifully designed and you will find it to be irresistible. Aside from being one of the most impressive air compressors as regards its design, it is also one of the most functional.
If you are searching for the best 6 gallon air compressor for the money, this is one of the best air compressors to consider and it will surely give you good value for money. The motor is powerful and strong enough to run a series of air tools at your workshop.
Here are some important features we must mention –
- The air compressor is designed to be stable and solid. It can, therefore, maintain its balance at the jobsite.
- If you need an air compressor for light industrial applications, this is one of the best air compressor you can consider.
- The air compressor does not make much noise as well. In fact, it is among the quietest air compressors ever. Its noise level is just 61 decibel. As a result, you can use the air compressor both indoor and outdoor without causing noise pollution.
- It can be adapted to various purposes also, including repair bays, body shops and so on.
- The air compressor comes with a highly versatile single-phase power.
- It can generate 8.5 scfm at 150 PSIG and, therefore, has a high continuous operating capability.
- The motor is powerful at 3HP and it is, therefore, able to handle all kinds of air tools.
- You will fall in love with the design of the air compressor as well.
Ridgid Electric Pancake Air Compressor
This air compressor will turn out to be one of the most beautiful pancake air compressors you have ever come by. It is built to last for long and also maintains its stability at the jobsite.
It looks portable and can be moved around with minimum effort from one point to another at the jobsite. The air compressor also comes with a handle with which you can lift it up with just one hand. It is really light and moving it around will not be difficult at all.
See more of the features that make this air compressor special –
- The air compressor is designed to last for long. In fact, each unit comes with 1-year warranty.
- The machine is designed to prevent unwanted change in pressure by including locking regulator that holds the knob in place.
- Draining the tank is convenient too and you can do this via a single easy turn. Each unit of the air compressor comes with a ball valve for smooth drainage.
- The air compressor is also fitted with 2 universal push-to-connect quick couplers that permit industrial and automotive plugs with the single-held connection.
- The tank capacity is 6 gallons and this makes the air compressor to be ultra-light.
- Also, the air compressor has a low-level frequency and the highest ever produced is 150 PSI. Even at that, it has adequate capacity to drive many of the available air tools.
DEWALT 6-Gallon PSI Pancake Compressor
There are different types and designs of air compressor out there today and none can compare to DEWALT 6-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor for those looking for a 6-gallon air compressor. You will love everything about this air compressor for sure.
It is lightweight and can also carry out its function without making too much noise. It is a high efficient machine designed to last for many years to come. If you are looking for an air compressor that will give you good value for money, this is one of the best to consider.
Check the highlights below for more if its features-
- The capacity of the tank is 6 gallons and this makes the air compressor to be very light. The lightness means that it is super handy to move about from one place to another.
- The air compressor can generate up to 165 maximum PSI and this makes it able to handle different types of air tools conveniently.
- It can equally deliver up to 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and it is designed to last for longer than you could imagine.
- The maximum noise level of the air compressor is 75.5 decibel and this means that it can work quietly both indoor and outdoor.
- You will never have to bother about any complicated maintenance since the motor is oil-free. The oil-free state of the motor will also prevent oil spillage on the work surface.
- You can easily remove nails using the tool-free jam release mechanism.
CRAFTSMAN 6-Gallon Air Compressor
Among the best 6 gallon air compressor this is one of the most affordable one. It is lightweight and can be placed on any surface at your workshop, be it on the floor or on a table. It is ready for use once you unpack it and its 6-gallon tank capacity makes it compact. As a result, it can be stored very easily in small spaces in your garage or workshop.
Check below for more of its features-
- It is made with premium materials and will undoubtedly last for a very long time. Therefore, you will get good value for money from the air compressor.
- This is a highly portable air compressor and can generate a maximum of 150 PSI. It is lightweight and you can move it around effortlessly.
- The motor is also oil-free and will not require too frequent maintenance. This means its parts will last for a very long time.
- The air compressor can be used for several purposes and it is preferred by many for heavy-duty uses.
- You can use it for driving nails into baseboards, shoe molding and even small trims.
- It is built with a lot of stability and will, therefore, not be difficult to control at the jobsite. The compressor can help to complete the intended task very fast.
- The noise level is very low. As a result, you can use the air compressor conveniently indoor without disturbing communication.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor
If you are looking for a portable air compressor, there is no better choice to make than DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor- 6 Gallon. It is a special air compressor with 6 gallon capacity and it is made to last for long.
Its pancake design improves its stability and ensures it will stand its ground conveniently at the jobsite. Its noise level is also low and it can be used without any fear of noise pollution at the jobsite.
Check the highlights below for more of its features-
- The air compressor can generate as much as 165 PSI. Therefore, it can power different types of air tools conveniently.
- It can equally deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and 3.7 SCFM at 40 PSI.
- The motor is of very high efficiency and it can start smoothly even under very cold condition at the jobsite.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with 50 feet cord and this is long enough to make the air compressor super easy to use at the jobsite.
- The noise level is 75.5 decibel. It will, therefore, carry out its work quietly and will not disturb the atmosphere with unwanted noise.
- The performance of the air tool is maximized, thanks to the couplers included. It is also fitted with a high flow regulator to make it perform better.
- The motor is universal and its power supply is 10ampss, 60Hz and 120V.
When operating the air compressor, you should place it about 12 inches away from anything that can obstruct free airflow, like a wall.
Craftsman Portable Air Compressor
This air compressor has under 10 gallon capacity and its powerful motor makes it able to generate adequate pressure for your air tools. The pump is equally oil-free and this means it can last for long period of time before you will ever need to repair it.
It will last for long and will always reward you good figure value for your money. Moreover, the air compressor will not make a lot of noise and can be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor without obstructing communication.
Check below for more of its lucrative features-
- The air compressor comes with a 1.8 HP and it can generate adequate power to drive different types of air tools.
- The tank has under 10 gallons capacity and you will only need 180 seconds to fill the tank to its full capacity.
- The air compressor is made to last for more than your expectation. As a matter of fact, it can even last 3 times more than other air compressors in the same category.
- Furthermore, the air compressor can deliver 4 CFM at 90 PSI. It equally comes with 2 quick couplers and several other features.
- The air compressor is adaptable to various purposes; it can conveniently drive various tools, like a chisel, caulk gun, paint sprayer, drill, wrench, roofing nailer and so on.
- The pump is oil-free and will not require frequent repair. It will equally last for a very long time.
- Furthermore, the air compressor can generate as much as 150 PSI to run your air tools.
Things to Consider Before Buying
There are so many types of air compressor out there today with all of them claiming to be the best. However, you should not take their words for it but properly inspect the air compressors before you buy.
If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor for auto body work or any other specific purposes you may be confused about the particular type of air compressor to buy.
If you are looking for the best 20 gallon air compressor, for example, you will come by so many types out there claiming to be the best. Not to worry; the information provided below will guide you on how to choose the right air compressor for your work.
Consider The Duty Cycle
The duty cycle to look for in an air compressor can be determined by how long the air compressor will stay active. Air compressor for auto body work can stay on for a very long time and this means that you will need one with heavy-duty cycle for your workshop.
You should always find out if that air compressor can supply the desired quantity of pressure for as long as you are using the machine. The pressure to consider also depends on how frequently you will be using the air compressor for auto body work.
Choose The Size Carefully
The size of the air compressor’s tank goes a long way to determine its capacity. You must always put this in mind when buying an air compressor for your work.
As mentioned earlier, auto body work is a heavy duty task and you are better off with an air compressor that has a large capacity so that you will not have to stop frequently while carrying out that auto body work.
If the air compressor has a large capacity, it means you will always have adequate air when you need it for your task at the workshop.
Choosing The Right Pressure
A paint gun only needs between 35 psi and 60 psi. So, any air compressor that can generate such an amount of pressure can be used for the auto body work.
Before you choose the particular air compressor to buy, you should first check the specification on the air tool to know how much pressure will be needed to drive it. This will save you from a lot of worries and ensure that your work sails through hitch-free.
Frequently Asked Question!
What is a piston compressor?
If your project involves intermittent work and not something that is continuous, then you should opt for an air compressor featuring a piston compressor.
If you want to use the air compressor at an automotive garage and the air compressor will only be used for some hours of the day, then this type of air compressor is undoubtedly the best to go for.
This is also compact in its design and you can move it around without any hassle whatsoever. It can do the job perfectly and its intermittent nature means it will last for long without requiring any maintenance or part replacement.
Is rotary screw type better?
The rotary screw type is good in its own area. It is the better choice to consider for some purposes, but may not be your best bet in some other areas.
If you are looking for an air compressor that can withstand high demand at the jobsite, there is no better choice than the rotary screw air compressor. This type is very strong and it can run continuously for many hours nonstop.
This air compressor will last for long, but it may not be the better choice for those who need an air compressor for intermittent use; the piston compressor will be the better choice in such a situation.
How can I get my CFM right?
When buying an air compressor, one of the things you should get right is the CFM. The CFM represents the ability of the air compressor to carry out tasks continually within a given period of time.
The length of time that you need to complete that particular task can determine the quantity of airflow that you should consider when choosing the air compressor to buy.
You can find the specific CFM requirements of a particular air tool written on it and this can guide you on how to buy the right air compressor for the particular air tool.
How much horsepower should I consider?
One other very important thing to bear in mind when buying an air compressor is how much power that air compressor can generate. There is a proportional relationship between the CFM and the horsepower of the air compressor.
The CFM will be very high in an air compressor that has high horsepower. While the horsepower may be important in its own right, it is not as important as the PSI and the CFM when choosing an air compressor.
This means you should be more concerned about the CFM and the PSI than the horsepower when buying an air compressor.
What tank capacity should I buy?
If you buy the best 80 gallon air compressor, for example, it means you will have 80 gallons of pressurized air to use for the task at hand.
If the tank is large, it means that air compressor will run less to meet up with the minimum pressure required to run the air tool.
An air compressor with a smaller tank, on the other hand, will have to run more since the air in its tank is limited.
The information provided above would have enlightened you about how to choose the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor. Any of the air compressors described above can serve your purpose perfectly and they can all give you good value for money.
Any of these air compressors will never disappoint you after your purchase. Be that as it may, you should go through the reviews provided above so that you can make the right choice among the various air compressors described above.
You may want to consider your budget before you buy any of them since they come with different price tags.