So many companies are producing air compressors these days and they all claim to be experts. If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you may be confused about which one to buy among the diversified types and designs available today. When looking for the best 6 gallon air compressor, you should first go through the reviews about that particular air compressor as that will help you to make the right choice among the various categories out there.
- 1 Best 6 Gallon Air Compressor Review
- 1.1 CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor 6 gallon
- 1.2 DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor 6 Gallon
- 1.3 BOSTITCH U/BTFP02012 6 gallon Pancake Compressor
- 1.4 Campbell Hausfeld 6 Gallon Air Compressor
- 1.5 Air Compressor 6 Gallon EMAX Compressor
- 1.6 Eagle Air Compressor 6 gallon
- 1.7 Hitachi 6 Gallon Pancake Air Tank
- 1.8 Craftsman 6 Gallon 1.1 HP Oil-Free Pancake Compressor
- 1.9 VictoriouStore by 6 Gallon Horizontal Air Compressor
- 1.10 6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Compressor VeenShop
- 2 Things to consider before buying the best 6 gallon air compressor
- 3 Frequently Asked Question!
- 4 Conclusion
Best 6 Gallon Air Compressor Review
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor 6 gallon
This is one of the most portable of all types of air compressors you can ever come by. It comes with a pancake design and this makes it look even more beautiful. Aside from adding to its beauty, the pancake design improves its stability at the job site. The air compressor comes with an oil-free pump and this ensures that you will have to spend a lot of money on the maintenance of the air compressor.
Check below for more of the many features that make the air compressor to stand out-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with 2 couplers and this means that it can support two users at once.
- It can generate 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and this confers quick recovery time of the compressor.
- The pump is oil-free and this makes it even more durable. It will not require much maintenance and will not cause an oil spill.
- Each unit comes with a 6-gallon capacity tank and the pressure generated by the content of the tank can be as high as 150 PSI.
- The motor is of very high performance. It is also very strong and can conveniently start-up even under very cold temperature.
- The pancake design of the air compressor makes sure that the machine can maximize its stored air. The pancake design of the tank equally contributes a lot to the portability of the air compressor.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 1-year warranty.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor 6 Gallon
This is one air compressor that you will fall in love with at first sight. It looks great and portable. Despite its tiny size, it is still durable and can withstand any unbecoming condition at the jobsite. Its portability makes it easy to carry about from one place to another and this makes the air compressor even handier. The air compressor is equally among the quietest you can ever come by.
More of its outstanding features are highlighted below-
- It comes with a very low noise level of 75.5 dBA and this means that it can be used both indoor and outdoor without obstructing communication.
- The air compressor comes with an oil-free pump and this means it can last for a very long period of time and will also not require any form of maintenance for years of use.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with 2 universal couplers and these ensure that 2 people can use the air compressor at the same time.
- The air compressor can generate up to 165 PSI maximum. As a result, it is the perfect air compressor for most of your tools at the workshop.
- The air compressor is among the lightest; it only weighs 30 lbs.
- It can equally generate 2.6SCFM delivered at 90 PSI; this confers quick recovery on the pump.
The performance of the air compressor is further increased by the inclusion of the high-flow regulator. Quick and thorough draining of the tank is also made possible by the ball drain valve.
BOSTITCH U/BTFP02012 6 gallon Pancake Compressor
If you are looking for a portable air compressor, then you should not consider any other one aside from this particular air compressor. It’s rather small size makes it more convenient to move around and also store in any space, provided space is well ventilated. The tank comes with a pancake shape, which helps to improve its stability and make it able to withstand any condition at the jobsite. It is also among the most affordable air compressors money can buy.
Check for more of its features below-
- The air compressor can generate up to 150 PSI maximum and this makes it one of the best for powering many of the tools at your workshop.
- The air compressor is quite light; it weighs 29 lb. only, the diameter of the tank is narrow and this makes it even easier to carry about.
- The air compressor generates 2.6 SCFM which is delivered at 90 PSI. As a result, it is capable of a quick recovery.
- The noise level is 78.5 dBA and this makes the air compressor one of the quietest around.
- Its level of quietness means that you can use the air compressor indoor without the fear of noise pollution.
- Additionally, the air compressor is equipped with an oil-free pump. As a consequence, you will not have to maintain the pump for too long. The oil-free nature of the pump gives assurance that it will last for many years to come.
Campbell Hausfeld 6 Gallon Air Compressor
This is one of the best air compressors money can buy. Campbell Hausfeld 6 Gallon Air Compressor looks portable and impressive. It also comes with an extra measure of ruggedness that makes it able to withstand any condition at the job site. It has handles that make it easy to carry about the place. Additionally, the air compressor has multiple functions. It is designed in such a way that enables the end-user to finish any of his projects like a professional because it is quite confortable to use.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- It is a very quiet air compressor. In fact, its noise level is 68 decibel. And because of this, it will not cause noise pollution wherever you use it.
- It can generate up to 125 PSI maximum pressure and this makes it reliable for moving different types of tools.
- It has multiple functions and can be used for inflation, painting, fastening, stapling, bolting and even nailing.
- Each unit comes with an oil-free pump and this removes the need for frequent maintenance, as well as, ensures that the compressor can work for long.
- It is built to last for long. In fact, its components have 4x the lifespan of many other air compressors.
- The tank’s capacity is 6 gallons and this ensures its light weight and portability. As a matter of fact, it can be carried about easily and also stored in a small place without any issue due to these conveniences.
- The handle is made of steel and it has a soft grip to prevent ache at your palm when using or lifting the air compressor.
Air Compressor 6 Gallon EMAX Compressor
The design of this air compressor gives it real advantage to move about. It is designed to be useful for different purposes and it is very easy to operate. Even a newbie in air compressor use can easily operate it without any hassle whatsoever. It is designed for different air tools and it is also built to last for long. Additionally, it is also among the quietest air compressors around.
Check below for more of the features that make it stand out-
- It can generate up to 120 PSI, which makes it useful for diverse categories of air tools you may have in your workshop.
- The tank capacity is 6 gallons and this contributes a great deal to its portability and lightweight.
- It is quite easy to move at places and can also be stored in a very small space.
- The air compressor delivers 4.87 CFM at 40 PSI and 3.14 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The motor is powerful and can even start under a very low-temperature condition.
- The air compressor is very quiet. In fact, it is 80% quieter than many other air compressors in the same category.
- Each unit comes with a two-year warranty, which in itself is a sign of reliability.
- The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for maintenance. At the same time, prolongs the lifespan of the air compressor.
Eagle Air Compressor 6 gallon
If you are looking for a reliable air compressor that will always give you good value for money, then there is no better air compressor to consider than this one. It is equally among the most affordable air compressors on sale today and it is relatively quiet, thereby preventing noise pollution when it is used indoors or outdoors. Its design is equally outstanding and you will fall in love with it at first sight.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The operation is ultra-quiet and it will never cause noise pollution anywhere it is used.
- The pump is oil-free to remove the need for frequent maintenance and prevent oil stain on the floor.
- It has a low amp rating and this helps to prolong its lifespan so that the end-user can get good value for money.
- Each of the components is built to last and their lifespan is adjudged to be 4 times those of other air compressors.
- The air compressor has a 6-gallon capacity tank built to prevent leak.
- Also, the air compressor has a capacity of 2.5HP and delivers 7.9 CFM at 40 PSI and 6 CFM at 90 PSI.
- Additionally, it can generate up to 125 PSI maximum pressure and can, therefore, be used for different categories of air tools.
- It is comfy at moving about and it is built to improve its stability at the jobsite.
Hitachi 6 Gallon Pancake Air Tank
You should consider this air compressor when looking for a portable air compressor that can be stored and carried about effortlessly. The designs are beautiful and it is built to last for long. It is also user-friendly for different categories of operations, like cabinetry projects and finishes works. The tank capacity is 6 gallons and the maximum pressure it can generate is 150 PSI and this makes it reliable for different categories of air tools.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor can deliver 2.8 CFM at 90 PSI and can, therefore, operate multiple air tools. It can equally work for a very long time.
- It can generate up to 150 PSI and is reliable for different purposes.
- The design is ergonomic and it is beneficial to operate via its simple flip actuation switch that allows easy selection between sequential fire or bump fire modes.
- The handle is easy to grip and prevent slippage, as well as ensure additional comfort.
- The tank has a 6-gallon capacity and it is, therefore lightweight for easy mobility.
- Each unit comes with a pneumatic tool lubricant and safety glasses to ensure its stress-free use.
- The pump is oil-free to prevent oil spillage. Consequently, it removes the need for frequent maintenance, as well as, prolongs its lifespan.
- The air compressor has a relatively low noise level so that it can be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor without disturbing communication or causing noise pollution.
Craftsman 6 Gallon 1.1 HP Oil-Free Pancake Compressor
The air compressor has a 6-gallon tank capacity and each unit comes with two air outlets so that it can be used by two people at once or enables you to connect two air tools at the same time. You can use it to power multiple finish nail guns simultaneously and this means you can complete your remodeling projects without delay, while also doing your repairing work with a roof or framing nail gun at the same time. More of its features are highlighted below-
- The handle is very robust. It is made of metal and solid enough to allow easy movement of the air compressor at the workplace.
- Each unit comes with inbuilt storage for the power cord, air hose and other accessories for more convenience at the worksite.
- The air compressor can generate up to 150 PSI maximum pressure and can, therefore, work with many of your air tools.
- The noise level is quite low and it will not cause noise pollution or disturb communication at the jobsite.
- The pump is oil-free and will last for a longer period of time without requiring any maintenance at all.
- The air compressor can deliver 3.7 SCFM at 40 PSI and 2.8 SFCM at 90 PSI. The motor is extremely powerful and can start-up even under very cold temperature at the jobsite.
With this air compressor, you will never have to worry about oil stain at the jobsite anymore. You can, therefore, use it indoor without the fear of oil stains all over the floor.
VictoriouStore by 6 Gallon Horizontal Air Compressor
If you need a reliable air compressor with just 6-gallon tank capacity, this is one of the best to consider. It will always give you good value for money and it is designed to last for long. Each unit comes with 2 couplers and enables the connection of two air tools at the same time. It can generate 3.5 peak HP and can also deliver 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI and 5.2 CFM at 40 PSI. The air compressor can equally generate 115 PSI maximum pressure is powerful enough to run different types of air tools.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The capacity is 6 gallons and it is lightweight, as well as, transportable.
- The air compressor has a low noise level for easy use both indoor and outdoor.
- The pump is oil-free and can last for long, as well as, not require any maintenance.
- The handle is handy and makes it easy to move the air compressor around from one point to another.
- You can change from one air tool to another while using this air compressor thanks to the dual pressure gauge on the air compressor.
- The design is compact and this enables smooth mobility. It can also be accommodated in a very small place. However, the storage area must be well ventilated to prevent overheating of the air compressor.
6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Compressor VeenShop
This air compressor has got virtually all the features you can ever hope for in a 6-gallon-capacity air compressor. It looks trendy as well as portable. It is designed to give good value for money. The tank on the air compressor comes with the pancake design and this contributes a great deal to its stability at the jobsite. The aesthetics are also outstanding and you will fall in love with it at first sight. It can generate up to 150 PSI and this makes it the perfect air compressor for various air tools.
Check the highlights below for more of its unique features-
- It can generate a maximum pressure of 150 PSI and it can, therefore, run any air tool you may have at your workshop.
- It only weighs 29 lbs and this makes it one of the lightest air compressors around.
- Each unit comes with high flow couplers and regulators, which improve the performance of the air tools.
- Its noise level is 80 decibel, which makes it relatively quiet enough for both indoor and outdoor uses.
- The motor is of very high efficiency and this enables it to start up easily in very cold weather condition.
- The pump is oil-free and this prolongs its lifespan, as well as, removes the need for maintenance.
- The pump can deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI, which ensures a quick recovery and long run time.
Things to consider before buying the best 6 gallon air compressor
The market is flooded with so many varieties and designs of air compressors today purportedly reliable for various works. Experience has, however, taught that only a few of these air compressors can be trusted for top quality services and outstanding performances. If you are looking for an air compressor that can give you sufficient value for money, then you need to choose carefully so that you will not end up purchasing the wrong one. In the remaining part of this section, we will show you some tips to bear in mind when buying the best 6 gallon air compressor or other types.
Tank capacity is important
The bigger capacity of the tank is better when choosing best air compressor for auto body work. You can go for the best 20 gallon air compressor that can work for long and will not require a refill for many hours of use. It will help you to complete your project very fast and ensure the project is done effectively with little or no hassle; the bigger the tank of the air compressor the higher the capacity. So, you should go for an air compressor with a very big capacity so that you can get more value out of the air compressor. But if you need small routine tasks to be performed, you can go for the best 6 gallon air compressor.
Consider the horsepower
Before you buy an air compressor, you should also consider the horsepower of the air compressor. If you want to use the air compressor for industrial purposes, you must go for an air compressor with a large horsepower. Those who need air compressors for hobby painting can do with air compressors with low HP. One other thing worthy of consideration is the flow rate of the air compressor. An air compressor with higher CFM is better for industrial auto body work. Bear in mind, however, that both the PSI and the CFM are interdependent.
Consider the portability
The portability is also imperative when choosing the best 40 gallon air compressor. You should look for an air compressor that is portable and easy to move around. Keep in mind that portability will also determine the ease of storage. A portable air compressor can be lifted from one place to another and this can make the work a lot easier. A small-sized, portable air compressor can still have all the features you can find in a bigger air compressor.
Frequently Asked Question!
How does size affect the function of an air compressor?
The size is really important. In the case, that a smaller air compressor can be moved around very easily, while it may be more difficult to move a bigger air compressor from one point to another. The size of the tank is one of the major factors that determine the size of the air compressor. Air compressors with bigger tanks tend to be bigger in size and vice versa. As regards the function, an air compressor with a bigger tank can do more work for a longer period than an air compressor with a smaller tank.
Which power source is better?
Air compressors come with different power sources. Some may run on fuel, like diesel or gasoline, while some other ones run on electric motors with a capacity between 110V and 240V. You should first consider the consistency of power generation in your area before you pick an air compressor. If there is a consistent power supply in your area, then an electric motor will just be the perfect option. You, however, need to bear in mind that an air compressor that runs on fuel can be easily moved about and used anywhere for that matter.
What is the right size of the tank to go for?
One other important consideration before buying a tank is the size. The size of the tank you buy can be determined by the kind of project you want to use it for. Those who need an air compressor for heavy-duty tasks, like auto body work, can go for one with large tank capacity. In this case, you can go for the best 60 gallon air compressor and it will serve you very well, thanks to its big tank capacity. If you will need the air compressor for a short period of time, on the other hand, an air compressor with a small tank will do just fine.
What are the other things I need to buy when buying an air compressor?
For one, you need to check if that air compressor comes with an air hose. If so, then you will not have to buy an air hose with the air compressor. If it does not, then you will have to buy the air hose separately. One other item that you may need to buy when buying an air compressor is the air blowing chuck. Those who need the air compressors for inflating tires will need to buy a tire chuck together with their air compressors. You can read reviews about the air compressor to know if there is any other thing that will make the machine work better.
How can I make the right choice when buying an air compressor?
What you should always do is to go for an air compressor that has a slightly higher rating than what you need at your workshop or jobsite. Also, reading reviews about the air compressor before you buy can give you a good idea of how reliable or otherwise that particular air compressor is, as well as, help you to know if the particular air compressor you have your eyes on is the right one to buy.
There are so many types of air compressors out there today and they all claim to be of top quality. If you need an air compressor that will always get the job done perfectly, then any of the air compressors reviewed in this review will work just fine. You can pick any of them when looking for the best 6 gallon air compressor and they will all give you good value for money. These air compressors are equally affordable and will not put a hole in your pocket at all.