An air compressor is a must-have tool in your workshop. Yes, you can achieve quite a lot if you have this tool handy. The tool is designed for running various air tools and it can help get the job done faster. Are you are painter on auto body work? You can simply look for the best 60 gallon air compressor for the money that will help you to get the job done faster.
Such an air compressor is perfect for all your industrial and manufacturing purposes due to its heavy-duty capability. In the remaining part of this write-up, we will show you various air compressors. You can go for any of them when looking for the best 60 gallon air compressor for the money.
Top 10 Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor Sell List
[amazon bestseller=”60 Gallon Air Compressor”]
Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor for the money Review
Industrial 60 gallon Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B01IR1GQ3I”]
This is one of the best air compressors you should go for when looking for an air compressor designed for heavy-duty use. It will make a perfect inclusion to a mechanic workshop and it can also find use for service truck and livestock operation.
Those who need a functional air compressor for agricultural uses or auto body work can equally go for this air compressor.
Here we are giving you some attractive attributes-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a tank pressure gauge. They also come with an on/off switch, as well as wire firm belt guard towards improving cooling in the compressor.
- The air compressor has a very large capacity of 60 gallons and this makes it able to handle heavy-duty uses of different types.
- The air compressor is also equipped with an electric motor that comes with Thermal Overload protection. This helps to protect the motor from magnetic voltage fluctuations.
- It does not need a magnetic starter to work.
- The pump design is unique and it is designed to improve the stability of the air compressor at the jobsite.
- The oil level and other aspects of the air compressor are very easy to access also. The air compressor comes with a low pump RPM and the air intake is industrial size.
- The air compressor can deliver a maximum CFM at 175 PSI. As a result, it is powerful enough to operate several air tools at the same time.
Quincy QGS Compressor – 60 Gallon
[amazon box=” B00PX1MRA2″]
This is one of the best air compressors and it can be trusted to deliver superior power so that you can control different types of air tools in your workshop. The design is modern and its compact appearance makes it beautiful to behold.
It can also be stored quite conveniently at any corner in the home. What is more, the air compressor will not cause any unwanted air pollution due to its low noise level. It is a rotary screw air compressor ready to serve various purposes.
See below about more of its specialty-
- The air compressor has a tank capacity of 60 gallons and can continue working for many hours.
- Its maximum CFM is 150 PSI and this makes it able to power different types of air tools at your workshop.
- The air compressor can work continually for 8000 hours before requiring any replacement or maintenance, which makes it one of the best for heavy-duty uses.
- You can go for either the portable or stationary type, depending on where you want to use it.
- It comes with a pump oil-injected twin-screw also.
- The air compressor has a very low noise level at 62 decibels. Hence, it can be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor without constituting noise pollution
Jenny 60-Gallon Tank Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B0054PKGNC”]
This air compressor has a 60 gallon tank capacity. The heavy-duty pump is made of cast iron and it is designed to last for a very long time.
It is a belt-driven air compressor and features a large flywheel, which provides additional cooling of the air compressor while it is running. Furthermore, the air compressor is lubricated and its directional air shroud ensures a reduction in the temperature of the pump.
Check below for more of its features-
- It is built for improved stability at the job site. It looks sturdy and able to withstand the prevailing rough usage at the jobsite.
- Each unit comes with a pump RPM of 600 and this makes the air compressor useful for different purposes.
- Also, the CFM displacement of the air compressor is 18.3 and it is, therefore, reliable for heavy-duty purposes at the jobsite.
- Each unit of the Jenny Compressors GT5B- 60-Gallon Tank Air Compressor comes filled with Jenny Ultimate Blue compressor pump oil for more efficient operation.
- It is also fitted with bottom mounted and bucket high manual tank drain that makes the air compressor even more effective.
- The tank is also coated with powder to prevent leak and ensure the longevity of the air compressor.
- Some of the features included are the thermal overload motor protection, pressure relief safety valve, tank gauge and protectively mounted fittings.
You will surely get good value for money when you use this air compressor.
Chicago Pneumatic 60 Gallon Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B000BN6GMC “]
This is one of the quietest air compressors around. Despite its heavy-duty status and large capacity, it will not constitute noise pollution when used indoor or outdoor. It can be applied to various industrial purposes also.
You can use it at the repair bay, body shop and so on without any issue. It can equally power multiple air tools at the same time. Not even the best 20 gallon air compressor is as quiet as this one. The air compressor is highly reliable and versatile.
More of the features that set the air compressor apart will be discussed below-
- The noise level of the air compressor is 61 decibels. Therefore, this will not make much noise when you are using it and will not obstruct communication.
- This 60 gallon air compressor is a versatile air compressor and can, therefore, be used for operating different types of air tools.
- It can deliver 8.5 acfm at 150 PSI and this makes it a highly reliable air compressor for different purposes at the workshop.
- The air compressor has a Single Phases Power Continuous operating capability, which makes it capable of different purposes at the jobsite.
- It is a rugged tool capable of withstanding virtually any condition at the jobsite and it is designed to last for a distant future.
- Each unit of the air compressor is strong and very stable. It can also be moved around with much comfort.
EMAX 60-Gallon Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B004978RS2 “]
This air compressor comes with a 60 gallon tank capacity and it is undoubtedly one of the best money can buy. It comes with an electric start feature and it is, therefore, a piece of cake to operate and control.
It can equally startup without any problem even in very cold condition at the jobsite. The air compressor is durable and solid. It is also rugged in design and you will get good value for money.
More of its features are mentioned below-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 5-year warranty and this is a sign that it will last for many years to come.
- The air compressor can work continuously for up to 50,000 hours and this means it will never require any maintenance or repair for a very long time.
- It comes with a low RPM design and this makes it even more impressive.
- The air compressor features an electric start and you will not have a problem getting it to work at the jobsite.
- Also, the air compressor delivers disc valves that can deliver maximum airflow.
- Additionally, the air compressor features a special air stream technology that lowers its operating technology by as much as 35%.
- Its design helps to extend the lifespan of the pump and also reduces its moisture generation.
- The air compressor consists of long-lasting components and will not require any maintenance or replacement for many years.
Central Pneumatic Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B00TYELGXS”]
This is actually super strong air compressor. It can be used for operating air tools of different types and it can run any equipment in your workshop. The air compressor is applicable in various settings like commercial, automotive and industrial settings.
It equally comes with a cast iron stainless steel and cylinders. The material makes it durable and it can last for an extraordinarily long time. Even if this is the first time you will be using the air compressor, you will not have a problem operating it.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor is ASME certified, which is a sign of reliability. This also certifies it to be applicable to different purposes at the jobsite.
- It is a very strong air compressor and can deliver 15.8 CFM at 90 PSI and 16.4 CFM at 40 PSI.
- It is made with cast iron and this confers incomparable durability on it. The cast iron body protects all the internal components adequately from the elements.
- Each unit of the air compress equally comes with stainless steel valves and this ensures the valves’ longevity.
- It also comes with an automatic start/stop feature for prompt operation at the jobsite.
- The tank has a 60 gallons capacity and comes with a safety valve to protect everyone at the jobsite.
- There is no need for a magnetic starter in the air compressor.
Industrial Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B0083FBDZK “]
This is a very special air compressor capable of handling all your air tools at the workshop. It comes with a super hi-flow single-stage compressor and can generate up to 18 CFM at 90 PSI.
The air compressor can deliver a maximum pressure of 155 PSI, which makes it able to drive different categories of air tools at the workshop. It is designed for optimal performance and will provide you sufficient value for money.
Check the highlights below for more of its features-
- The air compressor is fitted with a 240-volt motor. The motor is a heavy-duty inductor component that enables the air compressor to work effectively at all times.
- The motor can generate up to 5.7 horsepower for the effective operation of different kinds of air tools that you may be using at your jobsite.
- Additionally, the air compressor is certified by the CSA and the UL; the certification gives assurance that you will get good value for money when you use the air compressor.
- Also, the air compressor comes with a Thermal Overload protection system that can protect it against high voltage fluctuation.
- The air compressor comes with a full metal belt guard that helps to protect the internal components from the external as well as other elements.
- You can conveniently use the air compressor both indoor and outdoor also. It has a very low noise level and will not constitute a nuisance during its operation.
NorthStar Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B07WHL7YYK “]
The North Star air compressor is one of the best air compressors to consider when looking for a best 60 gallon air compressor for the money that can deliver on its promises.
It is a durable tool designed to last for long and it will undoubtedly give you good value for money at all times. The motor generates 3.7 hp. Hence, the air compressor can run the various air tools you have in your workshop.
More of its outstanding features are bulleted below-
- The pump is made of cast iron and it is also oil-lubricated. It is a durable air compressor capable of withstanding any condition at the jobsite.
- The pump comes with a one-piece cast iron crankcase. It also has a full cast iron cylinder body for improved durability.
- The reed valve is made of stainless steel for more durability; it is equally designed to last for many years.
- Its 2-cylinder design ensures low heat transfer between the cylinders. As a consequence, the air compressor can keep on working for a long time without overheating.
- The induction motor has 230V capacity and it can operate at 3,450 RPM, giving increased efficiency and delivering maximum performance.
- The 60-gallon capacity tank is certified by ASME and can provide more air for a very long time for the effective operation of various air tools, like hammers, spray guns, impact wrenches and ratchets.
Ingersoll Rand 60 gal Compressor
[amazon box=” B005HPTQR6″]
This is designed for an exceptional operation and it can be trusted for day to day air compressor need. In fact the 60-gallon air compressor is capable of producing air for continual operation. It is a highly durable air compressor and will always give you good value for money.
This does not require frequent maintenance or repair and can also last for a very long period of time in your workshop. Its components are engineered for precision and this gives assurance that the air tool will always give you good value for money at all times.
Check the highlights below for more of the features that make this air compressor extraordinary-
- The air compressor can deliver a maximum pressure of 175 psi and this makes it able to handle different types of air tools at the jobsite.
- The tool has all the components and features required for heavy-duty operation at the jobsite.
- This can operate any of those air tools that require a lot of power at your workshop.
- Ingersoll Rand 60 gal Two-Stage Compressor is applicable in both industrial and your shop settings. It is useful for both manufacturing and automotive purposes.
- The motor can generate up to 5 horsepower and it is, therefore, strong enough to meet all your needs at the jobsite.
- Cast iron is the main element of this air compressor and this makes it highly durable. As a result, it can withstand any condition at the jobsite.
DeWalt 60-Gallon Stationary Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B0096HB27S”]
This is one of the best air compressors you can ever consider for those tough jobs at the jobsite. The construction is of top quality and it is built to last for years and you will always enjoy handsome value for the cash.
The air compressor comes with portable air contractor units and it can serve various industrial purposes. Wheels are fitted to it for easy mobility from one point to another at the jobsite.
If you are actually looking for an air compressor that can withstand high demand, there is no better air compressor to consider than this.
We have described more of its features here-
- Its pump is oil-lubricated and it comes with twin-cylinder. The cast iron confers incomparable durability on it.
- The motor is a 230 V affair and it is a heavy-duty product.
- Also, the air compressor can generate up to 155 PSI, which makes it powerful enough to operate any air tool in your workshop. The high pressure ensures the optimal performance of the air tools.
- The tank has a 60-gallon capacity and this means it can deliver air for longer time than expected.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with an on/off switch for easier control. It also features a pressure gauge for improved safety.
- The pump comes with a 2-year warranty, while other parts come with a one-year warranty.
Things to Consider Before Buying
An air compressor is one of the most important tools you can ever spend your money on if you want to keep your workshop functional. The functions of the air compressor are so numerous that you just cannot do without it in your workshop.
It can handle so many tasks and help you to always maintain quality in your service delivery to the customers at all times. There are different types of air compressors out there and you need to be careful when choosing the right one to buy.
As a newbie, you may not know if you should go for the best 40 gallon air compressor or another capacity of air compressor, even need to know about the best air compressor for auto body work or the best air compressors for home garage. The tips provided here can guide you while buying an air compressor for your work.
Check the equipment you need to power first
Before you buy an air compressor, you need to first check the particular equipment you want to power so that you will know if that air compressor can adequately power those tools or not. If you will need the air compressor for auto body work, then you should go for one that has large tank capacity.
In that case you should search for the best 80 gallon air compressor or the best 60 gallon air compressor for the money. Each of the air tools in your workshop will have its air pressure requirements written on it.
Therefore, it will be an effortless try for you to determine the capacity of air compressor to consider when buying the air compressor.
There are different types of air compressors
Before you go ahead to buy an air compressor for your works shop, you should first know that air compressors come with different functionalities and work based on different technologies. There is a single-stage compressor and two-stage compressor.
The two are classified based on the number of pistons they have. You should also know the difference between the two types and determine which particular type will suit your purpose best at the jobsite.
Consider the horsepower
One other thing you should also consider when buying an air compressor is the amount of power it can generate. You need a really powerful air compressor for your auto body work.
You should opt for an air compressor with large horsepower since you will be using it for automotive work, which is a high demand task. Some experts are of the opinion that you should always consider the flow rate ahead of the horsepower when buying an air compressor for auto body work.
Frequently Asked Question!
What is the importance of CFM?
CFM stands for the Cubic Feet per Minute and its value changes as the PSI on the air compressor changes. As a result, two air tools having different psi will most likely have different CFMs. When buying an air compressor, make sure you go for one that has a CFM number pegged at the same PSI.
You should go for an air compressor with CFM about 30% higher than the total CFM of the air tools in your workshop as this will boost safety and prevent avoidable accidents. It will also improve the efficiency of your work at the jobsite.
How portable is the air compressor
One other very important factor to consider when buying an air compressor is its portability. The size of the tank can go a long way to determine how portable or otherwise the air compressor is. If you are looking for an air compressor that you can lift off the ground easily, the best 80 gallon air compressor may not be the best to consider.
If you need a more portable air compressor that you can move around and lift effortlessly, you should go for one with smaller tank capacity, perhaps you should search for the best 6 gallon air compressor. A more portable air compressor will also not require much storage space in the workshop.
What is the power source?
The power source of the air compressor is also important before you place your money on the equipment. An air compressor can run by electricity or fuel. You can opt for an air compressor that runs on electricity if there is a consistent electricity supply in your area and also if you do not need to move it around too much.
An air compressor that runs on diesel or gasoline may be the better option if the power supply in your area is not frequent and if you need an air compressor that you can move about.
What is the right size of tank to consider?
Air compressors come with different tank capacities and you should always bear this in mind when buying the right air compressor for your workshop. Air compressors with large tanks and the ones with smaller tanks have their pros and cons respectively.
Those with large tanks can provide air for a prolonged period of time but they are not handy to move around since they are usually heavy; the reverse is the case with air compressors that have smaller tank capacities. The purpose of buying the air compressor can equally determine which tank capacity to go for.
How can I pick a long-lasting air compressor?
First of all, you need to understand that an oil-lubricated air compressor can last longer than an air compressor that is oil-free. What is more, an oil-lubricated compressor will not make as much noise as one that is oil-free.
The quiet operation of such an air compressor indicates that the components will not wear out too quickly and this will enable them to last longer. Your air compressor can last longer if its rating is slightly higher than what you will need at your workshop.
From the information provided above, you would have seen that there are different types of air compressors you can choose from when looking for the best 60 gallon air compressor for the money.
You need to first take note of the type of air tool you have in your workshop before you purchase the air compressor; this will help determine what you should look for in an air compressor.
If you follow the tips provided above, you will never get it wrong when choosing the right air compressor for your workshop. Do not forget to read reviews about that particular air compressor before you purchase it.