Your workshop needs an air compressor. In fact, it is about the most important tool to keep your workshop running and functional. If you own a technical company dealing in mechanical services, you will always find a compressor useful. You should focus on getting the best 120v air compressor if you need to handle heavy-duty technical works.
If you are new to the process of searching for a good air compressor for your heavy-duty tasks, the information provided in this review can help you out and make the search a lot easier for you. We are going to consider several air compressors here and you can go for any of them when searching for the best 120v air compressor.
Top 10 Best 120V Air Compressor Sell List
[amazon bestseller=”120V Air Compressor”]
Best 120V Air Compressor Review
PORTER CABLE Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B006CVXGR0 “]
This is of the best air compressors money can buy. It is the perfect choice for all your general workshop uses and can be trusted for running different types of air tools in your workshop. It can generate adequate pressure to run various air tools and you will get good value for money when you use the air tool.
- The air compressor can generate up to 150 psi maximum operating pressure and it will adequately power all your air tools.
- It has a capacity of 1.5 gallons of air and this makes it very light.
- The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for frequent maintenance.
- The motor has 120V rating and very low amp. It can start quite effortlessly even under severe cold condition.
- The air compressor only weighs 20 pounds and it is among the most portable around.
- Its noise level is 79 decibels and this makes it one of the quietest air compressors ever.
Campbell Hausfeld Inflation Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B005CMHUA4″]
This is one of the best air compressors you can purchase. It has a beautiful design and has got the touches to make it attractive. It can even add to the beauty of your workshop. Check below for more of the features that make this air compressor a great choice-
- It operates at a household current of 120V.
- The air compressor can also generate a maximum of 150 PSI maximum operating pressure. As a result, it can deliver a lot of inflation power.
- Each unit comes with an inbuilt pressure gauge for accurate and easy monitoring of the pressure level.
- You can use it to inflate sporting equipment, beach balls, soccer balls, bike tires and also car tires.
- Each unit also comes with an inflator needle.
- The inbuilt cooling fan ensures the inflator can last for long.
Husky HY120 Inflator Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B0085X4IZM “]
This air compressor stands out from many others in the same category. It looks cool and it is highly portable. You can move it around without any trouble. More of its features are highlighted below-
- This is a portable air compressor.
- It looks compact and has a great handle.
- It comes with a pressure gauge that helps you to check its air pressure level easily.
- Each unit comes with a 28-inch air hose for easier operation.
- You can use it to inflate any item whatsoever, like sports equipment, air mattress, bike tires and even automobile tires.
- The operation is a piece of cake. You only need to plug it into a 120V power output and that’s all.
- The noise level is equally very low. It can, therefore, be used both indoor and outdoor without causing noise pollution.
- It is small and also very quiet.
Tru Flate Garage Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B073H7V72T “]
If you are looking for a portable air compressor, there is no better product to consider than Tru Flate air compressor. It is a wall mount air compressor and can provide adequate power for various air tools. Check below for some of its many features-
- It can help to inflate your tire properly and also help you to save money.
- This is equally optimizes the performance of your tire.
- It makes use of wall-mounted technology and can mount securely to the wall of your garage or workshop.
- The auto shut-off feature of the air compressor helps to switch off the compressor when it reaches the preselected pressure.
- This air compressor has several functions and can work perfectly for water rafts, sporting equipment, bike tires and even automobile tires.
- The air compressor has a universal fit also and can, therefore be used anywhere.
- Its noise level is very low.
Husky HY120 Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B079MDHMML “]
This is one of the most versatile air compressor sever. It is useful for different purposes and will never fail you at any time. It comes with a direct-drive motor and is strong enough to power all your air tools. You will get good value for money from this air compressor. Some mentionable attributes are described here-
- The air compressor can generate a maximum of 130 PSI operating pressure.
- The operation is super easy and you only need to press the large power button to get it started.
- The analog pressure gauge makes it easy to assess its pressure level at all times.
- It is a 120 volt air compressor and can start up easily even in an utmost cold temperature.
- The air compressor is versatile and can be adapted to various uses in your workshop and outside it.
- It equally has a very low noise level and this removes the concerns of noise pollution.
Slime 120-Volt Inflator Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B00SBSSVYK”]
The air compressor is a special brand and designed to last for long. It looks compact and easy to carry about. It will equally not occupy too much space in your workshop. You can even mount it against a wall for easier storage. More of its prime features are-
- The air compressor can work very fast and get your tire inflated under just 4 minutes.
- It can inflate bike tires and truck and car tire. You can use it to inflate sports balls and even toys.
- Each unit comes with an air hose and you can wrap the air hose for easier storage.
- It can generate a maximum of 150 psi maximum pressure to adequately power different types of air tools.
- The operation is very easy too and it has a sufficiently low noise level.
- The length of the air hose included is 2.46 feet.
Slime-40045 Inflator Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B01LXIS8XO “]
You will love this air compressor at first sight. It is also a portable air compressor and can easily power various air tools. If you are looking for the best 120 volt portable air compressor, this is the right one to consider. More of its features are highlighted below-
- The air compressor can inflate tires under just 4 minutes and this makes it reliable for fast operation.
- It comes with an extra powerful direct drive motor that can last for many years.
- The wall-mounted bracket makes for easier storage. As a result, the air compressor will not need much space in your workshop for storage.
- The length of the air hose is 29.5 inches.
- The power cord is also 67 inches in length.
- The on/off button makes the operation of the air compressor super convenient.
- Each unit comes with various accessories, like air adapters, valve caps, and depth gauge.
Kobalt Portable Compressor Inflator
[amazon box=”B01N56OXQC “]
This is one of the best air compressors you can ever find around. It can generate a maximum pressure of 120 PSI and is, therefore, powerful enough to drive various air tools. The noise level is also low and it will not constitute noise pollution in your workshop or garage. More of its features are mentioned below-
- The air compressor can generate a maximum pressure of 120 PSI.
- It can perfectly inflate various items like pool floats, air mattresses, ATV tires, bike tires and car tires.
- The operation is also very simple. Just plug it into a 12 volt power outlet to use it.
- Each unit comes with digital gauge displays for even easier operation.
- Each unit is equally included with 1 presta valve adapter, 1 raft nozzle and 2 sport needles.
- The noise level is equally very low.
Makita MAC700 Big Bore Compressor
[amazon box=” B0001Q2VK0″]
The air compressor comes with a 2 HP motor and its special pump cylinder makes it reliable. It is a noiseless air compressor and can help to improve performance at the jobsite. It is capable of delivering high industrial power and it is highly durable.
- The air compressor is highly portable thanks to its roll-bar handle.
- It equally comes with a large automotive-style air filter and this increases its air intake.
- It is comfy to maintain due to the inclusion of an oil sight glass.
- The Big Bore cylinder and piston helps to improve its durability.
- It has a very comfortable low noise level at 80 decibels. This kit will, therefore, not cause noise pollution at the jobsite.
- It can deliver 3.8 CFM at 40 PSI and 3.3 SFM at 90 PSI.
- Additionally, the maximum operating pressure is 130 PSI, making it above to power different types of air tools.
Husky 120-volt Inflator
[amazon box=”B01834G4N6 “]
You will undoubtedly get good value for money when you buy this air compressor. It has got all the features to look out for in an air compressor. You can go for this air compressor if you cannot find the best 110 volt air compressor you prefer. More of its features can be found below-
- The air compressor has a acceptable low noise level and you can use it conveniently without concerns about noise pollution.
- It works great at all times and can generate adequate pressure to power various air tools in your garage.
- It is also a portable air compressor and can be moved around without causing any trouble.
- You can lift it up with ease and move it from one part of jobsite to another.
- Storage of the air compressor is convenient too and it will not require much space for storage.
- You can inflate your car tire under 5 minutes using this air compressor.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best 120v Air Compressor
Several things should be considered before you buy an air compressor. If care is not taken, you may end up putting your money on a product that will not give you good value in return.
If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you may find yourself getting confused about the right one to buy among the various types of air compressors sold out there today.
For example, if you are looking for the best air compressors for home garage or the best air compressor for painting cars, you may get confused whether to use the best 30 gallon air compressor or the best 80 gallon air compressor.
In this section of the review, we will enlighten you about how to choose the right one among the various 120v air compressors sold out there today.
Check for accessories
Before you buy an air compressor, find out if it comes with all the essential accessories that can make for a better and smoother operation. Some of the accessories to look to for are highlighted below:
- Tread depth gauge
- Tire pressure gauge
- Valve caps
- Accessory adapter and so on
The number of accessories available in the air compressor goes a long way to determine how effective and useful the air compressor can be. The number of accessories available in the air compressor differs from one brand to another. So, you should take the time to inspect different air compressors and choose the best among them all.
You should also not forget to read up reviews about the air compressor before you choose one to buy. The reviews will help you to make the right choice among the various air compressors available so that you will never choose wrongly.
The reviews are usually written by the past buyers of the air compressor and you can benefit from the experiences shared by these end-users about that particular air compressor.
When reading the reviews, you should only focus on reviews from reliable sources of information so that you can make the right choice when buying an air compressor.
Check for portability
An air compressor to be used for general purposes in the garage or workshop should be portable ad easy to move around. Check if the air compressor has a rugged handle so that you will not have a problem moving it about.
This is true in case of the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor which is not only handy but also trendy. The weight of the air compressor is also important; the lighter it is the better.
Some 120V air compressors come with wall mount and this further makes storage to be easier and better in your workshop or garage. The air compressor is best stored under room temperature. You should always be on the lookout for the best 12v portable air compressor for easy storage.
Frequently Asked Question!
How much storage space do I need?
The storage space you need for your air compressor depends a great deal on the size of the air compressor. An air compressor with a big tank will undoubtedly require a large storage space, while one with a small tank will not require much storage space. For example, the best 6 gallon air compressor.
While storing the air compressor, make sure that the storage area is well ventilated and also consider the matter that it is not too close to any other object or the wall when it is working. The portability and compact nature of the air compressor can also help to determine how much storage space it will require.
What pressure rating should I consider?
One of the features to consider when buying the best 220 volt compressor is the pressure rating of the air compressor. How can you choose the right pressure rating in an air compressor? All you have to do is to check the various air tools in your workshop.
You can then calculate the total pressure in all the air tools and use the total number to determine the right air tool to buy. Make sure that the air compressor you buy can operate more than one air tool at once and give adequate allowance so that the air compressor will not be overworked.
Does the design really matter?
The design of the air compressor is very important and can be a sign of reliability and durability. Be that as it may, the design should not be the main focus when buying an air compressor.
This is because the beautiful design does not really mean that the air compressor will deliver the desired performance. While a beautiful design can contribute a lot to the décor of your workshop or garage, it does not determine the reliability of the air compressor.
It is better to consider other factors like the durability and ruggedness of the air compressor; these are the main factors that can get the best out of an air compressor. You can look for the best pancake air compressor that looks fancy as well as functional.
What can I use the air compressor for?
Before you buy an air compressor, you should first find out what you can use the air compressor for. Find out that a particular air compressor can handle the purpose for which you are buying it.
If you need an air compressor for inflating your tire, you should find out if the one you want to buy can carry out that purpose. It is in your best interest to only buy an air compressor that can handle all your needs in the garage. This way, you will get good value for money from the air compressor.
Does it come with a warranty?
Another important question you must ask before you buy an air compressor is the years of warranty on the air compressor. The years of warranty can determine how reliable or otherwise the air compressor will be.
It will also help to determine if the air compressor will last long. Air compressors with long years of warranty can be trusted to last for many years.
Final Thought about Best 120v air compressor
The information provided above can help you to make the right choice when looking for the best 120v air compressor. If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you may be confused about the right one to choose. However, you will never get it wrong if you follow the review provided above.
The reviews above will see to it that you do not make the wrong choice when buying an air compressor for your workshop. All the air compressors discussed above are also affordable and none of them will cost you an arm and a leg.