Air compressors are a type of tool that can be used for a variety of tasks. From inflating and deflating a tire to using framing nailers, an air compressor is required everywhere. It is not necessary to have an air compressor for every job in your life.
However, in the automobile section, we regret to inform you that there is no other option for the air compressor. The automobile industry is too much reliant on this machine. Almost all of the major manufacturers rely on air compressors to make their jobs easier.
The use of an air compressor varies depending on the job. Here is some basic information on air compressors.
- There are several aspects to consider when purchasing an air compressor. The PSI, CFM, compressor size, and many other factors. All of these terms are dependent on the customer’s requirements or the work to be done.
- Smaller compressors with 2-4 CFM and 3-5 gallons are intended for use in household automobiles. CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 compressors are the smallest and most portable. They are useful for inflating bicycle and automobile tires. These compressors are typically electric and cordless. However, a corded version is also available!
- The size of the compressor grows in proportion to the size of your garage. A compressor with 4-7 CFM and a capacity of 6 gallons would be ideal for a mid-level workstation. These compressors can operate at pressures ranging from 90 to 120 PSI.
The small compressors mentioned earlier do not have higher PSI. They are compatible with CFMs ranging from 70 to 90.
- These mid-level compressors include accessory kits that include extra valves, rubber stands for stability while working, a longer hose, and other items. You don’t have to be concerned about its service because most manufacturers provide everything you need.
- When it comes to large automobile workshops, big compressors are required; really big compressors! We’re talking about those massive factories where you have to compete in terms of productivity with other companies.
- But when comes to large compressors, the California Air Tools CAT-60040CAD may be worth considering. This 12/24 volt air compressor is designed for heavy-duty applications. It has a maximum air pressure of 150 PSI and can produce more than 10 CFM of air pressure (max).
This compressor is used in large factories where there are multiple operations to be completed. and you need something that will not tire easily.
- These heavy-duty compressors can run for up to 6 hours straight with no problems. You’ve probably figured out by now that the features of an air compressor are entirely dependent on your requirements.
And for that, you must delve deep within your options and ask yourself what you are truly looking for.
- You can’t just walk into a store and buy a random air compressor. That won’t help you at all. All you have to do is look for the prerequisites. There are more than enough compressors to meet your requirements!