In terms of polluting the environment, air compressors do not have that bad record whatsoever. But in the case of the sound, they are sometimes a bit louder than anything else around them.
Air compressors do produce some sound which is sometimes intolerable. This is due to the powerful rotary motors inside and the continuous circulation of the motor. However, there are some brands that are not meant to disturb you or your neighborhood.
We are here to let you know about those compressors in general which do not produce much sound.
- An air compressor is a machine that gets its power from the rotary motor inside. And it is fueled either by patrol, gasoline or sometimes by the electric power of a battery. Even it could be power-line if the compressor is corded.
- As we have mentioned earlier the motor is the main source of the sound, sometimes the hose pipe also causes sound.
- 40 dB is considered the lowest possible sound produced by an air compressor. Although this is not a real life scenario as the whole thing was done in a controlled environment.
- For suggestions, you can go for California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S portable air compressor. This compressor is efficient considering its size with more than 1.5 CFM and overall sound producing ability of 56 decibels.
- As we have mentioned that the hose pipes sometimes cause sound. It’s because either the valve of the hose is not correctly placed or the valves are not good enough. Or the hose is not efficient enough and has leaks.
- Makita MAC100Q Quiet Series air compressors can be your choice. These compressors have slightly louder sound production than the previous one. But that is not a big deal at all.
- You should not exceed the 65 decibels of sound production for an air compressor.
- This is for personal purposes. For factory productions, there are bigger compressors that naturally produce louder sound and there’s nothing we can do about that.
- For the quietest air compressors for home and semi-production purposes, we suggest you look for the attributes aforementioned.
- Again, there are many brands out there that will bewilder you with their fancy presentation. But in the end, will turn out as waste.
- For quiet compressors, look for the motor’s size and its type. Rotary motors produce a bit more sound than magnetic motors. And the hose and the valves should be on point.
So, now you know what to look for and you have the demos in front of you. So, it’s time for you to look your desired quiet air compressors for yourself.
Our brief yet descriptive article gave you all the necessary information about the sound basics of air compressors and how much you can stretch. Do not make yourself a fool by buying those fancy ones with nothing on inside. Be smart and judgmental in these cases!