Air tools are machines that are largely driven by air pressure. This demonstrates that air tools are air-powered and compressed by air compressors. Machines that run air tools are known as air compressors. These devices are powered by electricity, gasoline, or even diesel.
When it comes to choosing an air compressor for your air tools, the concept of power also comes. And this is linked to size, capacity, PSI, CFM, and other factors. There are many brands and manufacturers who will provide you with the best products.
However, it is not easy to mention all the brands out there. But we will show you the relevancy of the attributes which you can check in those brands and more. This could help you to get your desired air compressor.
In conclusion, the need for a compressor, as well as its other features, is completely defined by its consumers.
- As we have mentioned it earlier that, we are not going to mention all the brands out there. We will let you know about the key features which will make you find the best air compressor for you.
- First of all, the CFM, it stands for Cubic Feet per Minute. It is the indication of how much air you compressor can supply in terms of using an air tool.
- A good air compressor must have at least 2 CFM. It is to be mentioned that there are compressors with 0 CFM too. It all depends on the requirements of the user. We stated 2 CFM as the minimum level to execute the simplest of air works without any issues.
- Compressors like Craftsman CMXECXA0200341 can be your choice. It has a bit more than 2 CFM at 90 PSI, and is ideal for home purposes.
- The PSI indicated the amount of pressure your compressor can produce. It varies from compressor to compressor, work to work. However, for minimum requirement to execute all the mid-level air works, we suggest to have at least 70-90 PSI.
- The size of the cylinder also determines the class of a compressor. Big cylinders allow you to have more air to work. A big bored air compressor like WEN 2289 has bigger cylinders. These compressors are mostly used for factory purposes and so on.
Although, they can be used for personal purposes too, you won’t need such a big compressor for your home tools.
- Other attributes include the HP, power supply, the quality of hose, longevity and many more. We have said that we are not going to mention all the possible brands that have these attributes. We just have stated the common characteristics of a ‘good’ air compressor.
- All you have to do is just try to look for these attributes in a compressor. Keep in mind that there is a vast collection of good air compressors.
We simply cannot mention a few to demean others. Rather, we put this easy responsibility upon you to look for those attributes that we’ve mentioned above. These attributes have made them the best air compressors.