Air compressor is type of machine that uses air to produce force to run various air tools. Generally, an air compressor is powered by either a magnetic motor or a rotary motor. And this runs on diesel, orgasoline, or even on electric power.
The motor ensures air intake and the compressor converts raw air into air pressure and stores it in the tank. There are many air tools that can be used with the help of air compressor. Amongst them, the tire inflator and deflator are the most common ones.
The tire inflator deflator is a machine that uses air pressure to fill up the tires and sometimes empty them. We will show you how exactly you inflate or deflate a tire with the help of an air compressor.
- For tires like bikes, bicycles, cars, SUVs, 4/4 pickups; you don’t need a huge compressor. Compressors like DewaltD55140 will be more than enough. This is a simple 1 gallon air compressor with maximum PSI of 135.
- You need at least 34045 PSI to inflate a bicycle tire and as the vehicle gets a bit bigger, the OS level increases slightly.
- To inflate a tire, first of all make sure that your tire is in a good condition. A rusty and leaky tire has no use but to be thrown in the bin.
- After you’ve checked the condition of tire, turn the air compressor on and see if it’s working fine or not. If you find any issues, try to fix that and restart the machine.
- Then pull the rubber valves of the tire. The bicycle and the bike tires are easy to control. But for a car tires, be sure to insert the valve of the compressor’s hose properly. This is because the tire of a car has more pressure than bikes.
- When all these are done, slowly put air in the tire. Start with low pressure and gradually increase it. For tires like cars, the pressure should be around 70-90 PSI and for bikes, 40-55 PSI is good.
- Slowly pull the handles of the valve to control the PSI and keep an eye on the display gauges.
- Try to use your thumb to press the side-walls of the tire and feel the pressure. It’s just a manual technique to do so. Rely on the gauges.
- If you have problems with the gauges and understanding the pressure, you can opt for compressors like Nilight 50066A. These compressors have the auto shut off technology once the desired pressure is reached.
- After you’re done with inflating/deflating, you simply pull the hose out. Do it carefully as the pressure will be at its peak while doing so.
- Turn off the compressor and close the valves of the tire and make a tight screw.
So, this is how you use an air compressor for tires. Follow these steps to avoid any issues if you are a beginner!
An air compressor is a tool that takes air from the air and stores it in tankers for lateral purposes. An air compressor is the most widely recognized and used automobile tool in the world.
There are many jobs that can be done by air compressors. Such as tire inflating – deflating, nailing, vacuum cleaning, impact wrench using and so on.
In the market, you’ll find that there are many brands which tell you the exact same thing about the service. However, there are only a few brands which will actually serve you the service.
Such air compressor is the Dewalt 6 gallon air compressor combo kit. These are ideal for small to mid- level uses.
You can also choose the Hitachi air compressor combo kit. They are one of the few brands which make ideal air compressors for home purposes. These compressors are easy to use, handy and have the premium service to offer you.
And these compressors are the bests for tire works that you can do at your home all by your own!
Yes, you have guessed it right.In this article, we will be telling you how you can use an air compressor to inflate a vehicle’s tire.
Let’s take that you have a pancake air compressor combo kit. And you want to put air in your car’s tires by using it. This article provides you with all the necessary information regarding it.
First you have to choose the right place to do it. Generally, we suggest you to do the whole process at your garage or at your backyard. It is because the garage is the perfect place for doing such works.
Also, you will find all the necessary tools in there, and you won’t have to move around. So, first things first, get a place.
After that, we suggest you to arrange the pre-cautions such as, goggles, gloves, masks and so on. Although inflating tires is not a dangerous task, we all should take cautions whatsoever to avoid any unwanted incidents. So, get yourself covered for your own safety.
We would like to tell you to take a few more steps before going into it. Although it might sound a bit too professional, you should adjust a pressure switch before inflating the tire.
It is important because sometimes the pressure in the air compressor bursts out if new pressure is given. And you would certainly don’t want to happen at any cost.
Adjusting a pressure switch is not that much of a hard task. You can find countless suggestions in our website. Just read the article on how to adjust air compressor pressure switch.
In the market, there are countless options from you can buy pressure switch for air compressor. We suggest you to go to the nearest professional automobile market to have the best air compressor pressure switch. After adjusting the pressure switch, you can actually proceed to the next stage.
Check that the PSI and CFM of your air compressor are suitable before continuing on to the next step. A maximum of 120 PSI and around 2+ CFM are normally required to effectively inflate a bicycle or automotive tire.
To adjust PSI on your air compressor, simply take the manual and do as it says. You can go to the following stage if your compressor’s abilities are adequate to meet the requirements.
You can go to the following step once you have completed the CFM and PSI part. And you should be completely satisfiedbefore moving on to the following step.
Sometimes you need to oil your compressor to make the parts inside of it to run smoothly. We suggest you to use SAE 30 oil to use in air compressor.
The next stage will be to determine whether or not there is any residual air in it. The tire tube typically always has air. Despite this, we advise that you let the tire totally deflate, so that there is no air in it.
The left over air can be the silent killer of the whole process. So, be sure that there is no left over air in your tires already.
To drain the air compressor, you must first insert a pin into the tire’s tube’s mouth.Then wait for a few minutes. Allow the tire tube’s internal air pressure to equal the atmospheric pressure.
Although you won’t be able to entirely drain the all the air in the tire, you should try to.The reason is this is the best approach to go about it.
Check your power lines next, and then turn on your air compressor. You may also use a portable air compressor if you have one.
Is your compressor running, now?You may attach the hose line to the tire’s mouth so that air can start to fill the tire. Wait till the air moves smoothly through it.
We advise you to start with lesser pressure.Starting off with higher pressure might result in an explosion due to the significant alteration in the tire’s internal environment.
It is because the air pressure won’t match and for the necessary equilibrium, an explosion is a must! Be sure you do not ignite that.
To prevent it, carefully open the compressor’s valves, allow in some air at a lower pressure at first.And then gradually raise it. The greatest strategy to prevent an explosion is to do this while the equilibrium steadily develops rather than ignite suddenly.
Watch the pressure indicator gauge all the time. It is crucial for you to be informed about the operation’s general position. Check to see if the tire has good pressure once you’ve finished inflating it.
Most of the modern compressors have digital gauges. It won’t be much of a problem for you to check the pressure.
There are several methods to go about it. The load method is one of them. Check to see whether the tire protrudes by placing a large weight on it.
You might need to add extra air if it does. You have your tires filled if there is no sign of protruding tire edges.
There are other ways to check if the tire is inflated perfectly or not. You can use your thumb to check the tire pressure. Simply put your thumb on the sidewalls of the tire and then put a nice and firm pressure on it.
If you see that sidewall of tire is easily going down as you increase pressure, you need to inflate it. If not, then you are good to go.
Just follow these steps and you will have your car’s tires inflated.