There are so many types of air compressors out there today and this can make the entire process very confusing for a newbie looking for an air compressor to buy. Air compressors serve different purposes and the purpose for buying the machine can help determine the right one to buy. If you are looking for the best air compressor for impact wrench, for example, there are specific things that you need to consider so that you can get the perfect air compressor for this purpose. In the remaining part of this review, we will enlighten you about the best air compressor for impact wrench available in the market today.
- 10 Best Air Compressor for Impact Wrench Reviews
- California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free
- Air Compressor 3 Gallon Horizontal
- PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free Compressor
- Makita MAC5200 3.0 HP Air Compressor
- NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Electric Air Compressor
- Powermate Vx 80-Gallon Air Compressor
- Eagle EA-5000 Air Compressor
- Quincy Compressor Air Compressor – 5 HP
- DeWalt Portable Air Compressor 20-Gallon
- Industrial Air 20-Gallon Air Compressor
- Things to consider before buying the best air compressor for Impact Wrench
- Frequently Asked Questions!
10 Best Air Compressor for Impact Wrench Reviews
California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free
This air compressor is one of the quietest air compressors money can buy. It is a 2.0 HP air compressor designed to power various air tools in the workshop or garage. Its noise level is 70 decibel and it can, therefore, be used conveniently both indoor and outdoor without causing noise pollution.
Check below for more of its outstanding features-
- The air compressor is very quiet and its noise level is 70 decibels.
- The pump is oil-free and it will, therefore, not require too frequent maintenance.
- It can deliver 6.4 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The capacity of the tank is 10 gallons and it can, therefore, generate adequate air pressure to drive an impact wrench and several other air tools.
- The air compressor record maximum continuous running time of 30 to 60 minutes
- The ampere is also very low at 7.0 amps.
Air Compressor 3 Gallon Horizontal
If you are looking for a very quiet air compressor that can give you good value for money, there is no better air compressor to buy than this. The tank has a capacity of 3 gallons and comes with a 10 piece accessory kit. The air compressor is reliable for various purposes also.
Some of its features are pinpointed below-
- The air compressor can generate up to 0.5 CFM at 40 PSI and 0.36 CFM at 90 PSI.
- Also, the air compressor can generate a maximum of 110 PSI and this will provide consistent pressure flow.
- It can be used for various purposes at the jobsite, like inflation, painting, stapling and so on.
- Additionally, the air compressor is lightweight and super handy to move around; it only weighs 21 lbs.
- It is equally portable and user-friendly.
- Furthermore, the gauges are quite understandable to read and this makes the pressure real easy to control.
PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free Compressor
This air compressor is highly portable and comfy to move around. The tank is in pancake form and this gives it more stability at the jobsite. It is also piece of cake to use and each unit comes with a user manual that can guide you step by step on how to use it.
More of its features are described here-
- The air compressor can generate a maximum of 150 PSI and it is, therefore capable of powering various air tools.
- It can also deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and this permits quick recovery time for the compressor.
- The air compressor has a total capacity of 6 gallons and it is portable for smooth mobility.
- It can start effortlessly irrespective of the cold weather condition.
- The pump is durable and it is designed to last for long.
- It equally comes with two air couplers that are regulated and support 2 simultaneous users.
Makita MAC5200 3.0 HP Air Compressor
This air compressor is one of the best money can buy. It does not generate as much noise as many other air compressors do. The air compressor has a very low noise level and can be used both indoor and outdoor. It can be used for various purposes at the jobsite and its performance is always topnotch. This is highly durable and designed to last for long also.
To know more see below-
- The air compressor comes with a rugged wheel and can, therefore, be moved around the jobsite.
- It is equally a portable air compressor and can be moved around swiftly.
- This has an inbuilt storage compartment and can be used for storing accessories.
- The air hose wrap can store up to 50 feet cord.
- The discharge tubing is made of copper and this increases heat dissipation and decreases water in the tank.
- The motor can deliver 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI for higher productivity.
NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Electric Air Compressor
The air compressor is highly durable and made to last for long. The design ensures easy heat dissipation and there is zero heat transfer between the cylinders. The pump is oil-lubricated and it runs quietly. It has a capacity of 20 gallons and its vertical design makes it easy to move about.
Here are some attractive attributes-
- It is a highly durable air compressor and it comes with a cast-iron V-twin pump.
- The pump is also oiled and this enables a quieter operation.
- The tank has a capacity of 20 gallons and can be moved around with much comfort.
- Its operation is very quiet and it can, therefore, be used both indoor and outdoor.
- The air compressor is highly versatile and can be used for various purposes in the garage.
- The pump is made to last for long and the customer service is topnotch.
- The operation is smooth due to the ball bearings on either side of the crankshaft.
Powermate Vx 80-Gallon Air Compressor
This air compressor is designed to last for a very long time. It is also durable and you will not need to take it through any extensive maintenance process at all. It can generate adequate pressure to move different types of air tools also.
More of its features are presented below-
- The operation is super easy and you do not need any special knowledge to handle it at all.
- It is a durable air compressor and the cooling is highly efficient.
- The air flow is high and this enables it to produce adequate pressure to move your air tools.
- It can generate a maximum of 155 PSI for moving various air tools.
- The air compressor can deliver 14 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The tank has a capacity of 80 gallons, which makes it reliable for all kinds of purposes at the jobsite.
Eagle EA-5000 Air Compressor
This is one of the quietest air compressors money can ever buy. It does not require too frequent maintenance and it can last for long also. The output is extremely high and it can be used both indoor and outdoor. Its mobility is yet another factor that makes this air compressor one of the best you can ever find around.
Check below for more about this air compressor-
- It is an oil-free air compressor and is, therefore, easier to maintain.
- This records very low amp draw and this increases its life expectancy by up to 4 times.
- It is an ultra-quiet air compressor and it will never cause any noise pollution at the jobsite.
- The air compressor can deliver 14 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It can generate a maximum of 155 PSI and this means it can run various air tools at the jobsite.
- Each unit has up to 2-year warranty, which is a sign of reliability.
Quincy Compressor Air Compressor – 5 HP
This is a highly reliable air compressor and it is among the top choices for anyone looking for the best air compressor for painting cars. It can even last for a lifetime and the efficiency is not in question at all. It can reduce operating cost and you should consider it for your workshop or garage.
More of its features can be highlighted here-
- It is a heavy-duty air compressor made for driving different categories of air tools
- The motor features an inbuilt thermal overload.
- It can generate between 145 and 175 PSI for easy operation of various air tools.
- The RPM is just 1310 and this ensures that it works quietly. Therefore, it will not cause noise pollution.
- The pump comes with a 3-year warranty and this is a sign of reliability. The pump can run for a total of 30,000 hours before requiring any repair.
- It can deliver 15.2 CFM at 150 PSI.
- The air compressor is portable and comfortable to move around.
DeWalt Portable Air Compressor 20-Gallon
The air compressor is made of cast iron and this contributes to its longevity. The head is made of aluminum and ensures faster heat dissipation. It also has a very high flow regulator that provides a 20% higher torque for various projects. You can use it for removing stubborn bolts and nuts easily. The induction motor is heavy duty and can withstand rough usage at the jobsite.
Some more information is bulleted below-
- The air compressor has maximum portability and it is highly mobile.
- The tank capacity is 20 gallons and can generate adequate pressure for your purpose.
- The pump is oil-lubricated and this helps reduce the noise it generates.
- Each unit also comes with a high flow regulator.
- The maximum pressure generated by the air compressor is 155 PSI.
- It also features a 1-year warranty for other parts, while the pump has 2 years warranty.
Industrial Air 20-Gallon Air Compressor
The pump in this air compressor works based on the belt drive technology. The pump is equally oil lubricated. This is one of the best air compressors to buy when searching for the best garage air compressor. It has a 20-gallon capacity and can be moved around easily at the jobsite or your garage.
Detailed information is bulleted for your special attention-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is equally equipped with various features like on/off switch, working pressure gauge and quick-set regulator.
- The air compressor is oil lubricated. As a result, it will not make much noise at the jobsite.
- It is fitted with pneumatic tires and this permits easy mobility at the jobsite.
- This can deliver 6.2 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It can equally generate a maximum of 135 PSI.
- Each unit is certified by UL and listed by CSA.
Things to consider before buying the best air compressor for Impact Wrench
An air compressor is one of the best tools you ocean ever add to your workshop or garage. It is an important tool and you must choose very carefully when buying it so that you can always get good value for money from the best air compressor for Impact Wrench or the best garage air compressor or some other types. If you choose carefully, the air compressor can serve you for many years to come. Some of them are even designed to last for a lifetime. You can get the best out of your air compressor if you make your choice carefully. In the remaining part of this write-up, we will enlighten you about some of the very important things you need to bear in mind while buying an air compressor for your garage or workshop.
Check for Warranty
The year of warranty is very immigrant and it tells a lot about the reliability and durability of that air compressor. An air compressor with long years of warranty can be trusted to last for long and deliver on promises. So, you should consider the warranty on that particular product before you buy it; it is in your best interest to do this. The warranty also gives you access to free replacement or repair in case anything goes wrong within the warranty period. However, you should abide by the terms and conditions of the warranty before you can benefit from it.
Check for Mobility
You are better off with an air compressor that is highly mobile and can be moved easily from one place to another. Such an air compressor will be very handy to operate and it can easily adapt to any condition whatsoever at the jobsite. Lightweight air compressors tend to be more mobile than heavy ones. Air compressors with pneumatic tires are also very easy to move about at the jobsite. An increase in immobility makes it a lot easier to use the air compressors at the jobsite and it can make the job go faster.
You should always find out about the noise level of the air compressor before you buy it. It is better to go for an air compressor with a very low noise level so that it will not cause noise pollution at the jobsite. Also, an air compressor with a low noise level will not affect communication while you are at the jobsite. The noise level of each air compressor is written on it and you won’t have a problem determining what the noise level is.
Frequently Asked Questions!
How can I store the air compressor?
The air compressor needs to be stored properly so that it can function perfectly. A lot of things need to be put into consideration while storing the air compressor. For example, the air compressor should be stored in a place that is well ventilated. This will improve heat dissipation and make the air compressor cool. A cooled air compressor can work better and be far more productive. Additionally, there would be adequate space in the area where the air compressor is to be stored. The space should be large enough to contain the air compressor and there should be some space between the air compressor and the walls around.
What can I apply for the air compressor?
Before you buy an air compressor, you should take some time to find out what you can use that air compressor for. An air compressor that can generate a large pressure can be trusted for both heavy-duty and general-purpose tasks. If you are dealing with heavy-duty tasks at your workshop, then you are better off with an air compressor that can generate huge pressure. The best air compressor for auto body work and the best 80 gallon air compressor are some practical examples of these categories. Those who need an air compressor for smaller operations like inflating tires and so on can always opt for one that does not generate as much pressure. The best 6 gallon air compressor and the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor are examples of small capacity air compressors.
How can I choose the right pressure rating?
The pressure rating to consider in an air compressor depends a great deal on the purpose of buying the air compressor. Before you go in search of an air compressor, take some time to check all the air tools in your workshop or garage and use this to determine what the pressure rating of your air compressor will be. All you have to do is to buy an air compressor with a pressure rating higher than any of the air tools in your workshop. Do not also forget that the air compressor may have to operate more than one air tools at the same time. This means that you should buy an air compressor that can accommodate the cumulative pressure ratings of the two air compressors.
How easy is it to maintain
Before you buy that air compressor, first of all, you should not forget to find whether it is easy to maintain or not. You are better off with an easy-to-maintain air compressor so that it will not put you through a lot of stress and you will end up not getting the best out of the air compressor. You should also find out if the air compressor is real easy to operate. A good air compressor should come with a user manual that can guide you on how to use it.
Does it come with accessories?
A top-quality air compressor will come with a series of accessories that can be used to replace one or two damaged parts. This way, you will not have to go in search of the accessory when any of them gets damaged. You should check with the seller to know if the air compressor comes with various accessories, including cable.
Air compressors are very important as described above. You need to choose carefully when looking for the best air compressor for impact wrench or any other use for that matter. You can get it right if you first read this review before you go in reach of the air compressors. We have taken time to dissect various air compressors in this review and the information provided above can help you to make the right choice when buying an air compressor for your workshop. You will never get it wrong if you strictly follow the information provided above when buying an air compressor.