Air compressors have so many benefits and the earlier you got one the better. If you have a workshop and you want the place to be more functional than ever, then you will need to get an air compressor for the workshop. You should only opt for the best air compressor for automotive shop.
The air compressor will also make the work in your automotive shop to run very smoothly and it can improve the quality of the work you do. In this write-up, we will enlighten you about the various types of air compressors you can consider when looking for the best air compressor for automotive shop.
Top 10 Best Air Compressor for Automotive Shop Sell List
[amazon bestseller=”air compressor for automotive shop”]
Best Air Compressor for Automotive Shop Review
California Air Tools 10020C Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B0188XBTLY”]
This air compressor is beautifully designed and will always give you good value for money. It is beautifully designed and will undoubtedly last for long. The design is outstanding and it makes the air compressor stand out from many others around and it is designed to last for long. Additionally, it can withstand any condition whatsoever at the jobsite.
If you have failed to get the desired value from any other air compressor around, you will find this one to sufficiently meet your needs at all times.
Why like this
- The air compressor is super quiet and will not cause noise pollution. As a result, it will not constitute noise pollution at the jobsite. It has a noise level of 70 decibels.
- The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for regular maintenance and, therefore, reduces maintenance cost.
- It can deliver 6.4 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.30 CFM at 90 PSI.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with 25 feet cord and it can generate 5500 watts of power.
- The maximum continuous running of the air compressor can proceed for 30 to 60 minutes nonstop.
- The capacity of the tank is 10 gallons and this means the air compressor can deliver an adequate amount of air for your task.
- It is a rugged machine and can withstand any condition at the jobsite.
Campbell Hausfeld Portable Quiet Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B01IE0UT9Y “]
The design of this air compressor makes it stand out. It looks rugged and is able to survive in any condition whatsoever at the jobsite. It looks impressive also and designed to last for long.
As a result, you will not have to replace or repair it for a very long time. The air compressor is very quiet and will never constitute nuisance when used indoor or outdoor. It also has adequate power to run different types of air tools at your workshop.
Why like this
- The air compressor has a noise level of 68 decibels and this makes it one of the quietest air compressors in its category.
- This is a highly versatile air compressor and can be used for various purposes. It can be used for bolting, nailing, fastening, stapling, hobby painting and also inflation.
- It is a durable air compressor and can last four times longer than many other air compressors.
- The pump is oil-free and does not require much maintenance; it is also a dual piston pump.
- The compact nature of this air compressor equally sets it apart from any others. It is also handy to move about.
- Each unit is fitted with pneumatic tires with which it can be moved from one place to another.
- It is lightweight and can be lifted effortlessly.
- You will also not have a problem storing it in your workshop.
DEWALT Portable Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B07BSXV8SX “]
This air compressor is portable and you will not find it difficult to store it at your workshop. It will not require much storage space and you can also lift it off the ground very easily. The tank capacity is 27 gallons and this means it can generate adequate pressure to move various air tools at your workshop.
You will undoubtedly get good value for money when you use this air compressor in your automotive shop. This is one air compressor you can trust when looking for the best air compressor for painting cars.
Why like this
- The air compressor can deliver up to 5.1 SCFM at 90 PSI and 6.8 SCFM at 40 PSI; this makes for faster recovery time.
- The noise level of the air compressor is 78 decibels and this means it will not cause noise pollution at the jobsite.
- The tank capacity is 27 gallons and this means the air compressor can generate adequate pressure to move your air tools.
- The starter motor has low volt and comes with an extension cord of 50 feet.
- The couplers and high flow regulator ensure there is maximum air flow to the air tools so that they can operate at peak performance.
- The handle serves as a hose wrap and can also be used to lift the air compressor off the ground easily.
- The air compressor comes with 2 inches gauges that make it easy to read off the operation of the air compressor.
2340L5-V 5hp 60 gal Two-Stage Compressor
[amazon box=”B005HPTQR6 “]
This air compressor is powered by electricity. This means that it should only be used in areas where there is a regular power supply. It is one of the most portable air compressors around and it is a real handy to move around at the jobsite.
The noise level is also low and this means it can be used in your workshop without the air compressor constituting noise pollution. It boasts of a 60-gallon tank capacity and can run for a very long time without requiring a refill of the tank.
Why like this
- The tank capacity of 60 gallons. As a result, it will continue its operation for a very long time.
- The air compressor will last for a distant future also and can deliver 15,000 hours of continuous work without giving any issue.
- It is a highly flexible air compressor and can deliver maximum power to run your air tools.
- The servicing is really easy and the entire process is simplified so that you will not have problem when handling it.
- Each unit comes with a 2-year warranty and this in itself gives assurance that the air compressor will last for longer than your expectation.
- The operation is reliable. Using synthetic lubricant it can increase the efficiency of the air compressor.
- Each unit also comes with pneumatic tires that make it very convenient to move them from one place to another.
NorthStar Portable Gas-Powered Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B00BMPG3CG”]
This air compressor is among the best air compressors you can ever come across. It is powered by gas and this means that you can use it conveniently even if there is no consistent electricity at the jobsite. Because of this, you can easily take the air compressor anywhere for that matter.
The use of gas means that you can easily move the air compressor around. Also, the air compressor has a 20 gallon capacity and will, therefore, provide adequate pressure to move your air tools. It also weighs 196 pounds but has pneumatic tires that make it handy to move the air compressor around.
Why like this
- The air compressor comes with a full cast iron pump and this ensures that it can last for eternity.
- It is a gas-powered air compressor and can, therefore, be used anywhere and everywhere. This confers mobility on it.
- Because it runs on fuel, the air compressor does not need a power cord to run successfully at the jobsite.
- The tank capacity is 20 gallons and can, therefore last for a very long time at the jobsite.
- The design is also a real beauty and can even add a touch of class of your workshop. It is equally designed to last for long.
- Despite its huge tank capacity, the air compressor can be stored effortlessly at your workshop and it will not require much space for storage.
Industrial Air Belt Driven Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B002MKP5JM”]
This air compressor is made to last for long and it will undoubtedly give you good value for money at all times. It is powered by electricity and this means you can use it in situations where there is a consistent supply of electricity in your workshop.
The air compressor has a tank with a capacity of 30 gallons. As a result, it will generate adequate pressure to power all your air tools for long. The operating voltage is 120 volts and it weighs up to 185 pounds.
Why like this
- The air compressor is powered by electricity. As a result, you will need a regular power supply in your workshop before you can use it conveniently.
- The tank capacity is 30 gallons and this means that it can work for many hours without requiring you to refill the tank.
- The pump is made of cast iron and this contributes a great deal to its durability and also ensures that it can last for long.
- However, the pump is oil-lubricated and this helps to reduce how much noise it generates while you are using it.
- Each unit is fitted with a heavy-duty induction motor and this helps to improve its efficiency and performance.
- The air compressor can generate up to 155 PSI and this ensures the optimum performance of your air tools at all times.
Ford Silent Series Oil-Free Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B075F8WXBP”]
The design of this air compressor makes it stand out and it is super easy to move around thanks to its pneumatic tire.
The tank has a capacity of 15 gallons. As a result, it can generate pressure for a very long time during operation. Additionally, the air compressor is handy to operate and you will love it with passion. You will always get good value for money when you use this air compressor. It can also be used for driving various air tools because of its versatility.
Why like this
- The tank has a capacity of 15 gallons and it is positioned in a vertical state. This further increases its stability and makes it easier to store.
- The air compressor can generate a maximum of 125 PSI, which makes it adequately powerful to operate various air tools in your workshop.
- Additionally, it has a noise level of 59 decibels and this means that it will not generate a lot of noise during operation.
- The air compressor can deliver 2.9 CFM at 90 PSI and 3.9 CFM at 40 PSI and this ensures quick recovery during operation.
- The pump is oil-free and this reduces the frequency of maintenance and ensures that the air compressor can last for long.
- It comes with a dual pump and this ensures that it can last ten times longer than other air compressors in the same category.
- It also comes with Thermal Overload Protection.
California Air Tools Electric Portable Air Compressor
[amazon box=”B01G75OUO8 “]
This is the air compressor to go for when looking for the best garage air compressor. It will last for a long period of time due to its sophistication and will always deliver on its promises.
This is a very quiet air compressor and will not constitute noise pollution at the jobsite. It has a tank capacity of 9.2 gallons and this makes it a super light air compressor. It is portable and you can lift it easily off the ground. Hence, you can move it around the workshop with much comfort.
Why like this
- The tank capacity is 9.2 gallons and can generate adequate pressure to run various air tools for a prolonged period of time.
- Its operating voltage is 110 volts and it only weighs 45.5 pounds, making it super handy to move around the workshop.
- Its pneumatic tires further improve its mobility and make it more useful in the workshop or garage.
- The air compressor is ultra-quiet, thanks to its very low noise level, which is 60 decibels only. Hence, it will never cause noise pollution at the jobsite.
- It can deliver 3.10 CFM at 40 PSI and 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI. As a result, it is capable of a quick recovery.
- Additionally, the pump is oil-free and this removes the need for frequent repair or maintenance.
- The design is also outstanding and it is compact, thereby making it easy to store and move around the jobsite.
- You will never need much space to store the air compressor.
Craftsman CMXECXA0200141A Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B07Y2WN3NS”]
This is the best air compressors to buy when looking for a portable air compressor. It is an oil-free air compressor and this reduces the stain that the air compressor can cause in your workshop.
The air compressor has a tank capacity of 1.5 gallons and this makes it one of the lightest air compressors money can buy. It is very easy to move around and you will not have a problem storing it also. It is a rugged air compressor and can remain stable at the jobsite, as well as, be able to stand its ground during the operation.
Why like this
- The tank capacity if 1.5 gallons and this makes it ultra-light. You will not have problem moving it around at all.
- Its very-small-tank-capacity makes it compact and super convenient to store in the workshop.
- The air compressor can generate a maximum operating pressure of 135 psi, making it able to power different categories of air tools.
- Additionally, the air compressor can deliver 1.5 CFM at 90 PSI and this makes it capable of fast recovery.
- Its power source is electrical and this means you can only use it satisfactorily if there is a regular supply of electricity in your workshop.
- The air compressor only weighs 24 pounds and you will not have a problem lifting it with just one hand.
- It is a multipurpose air compressor and you can use it for bolting, nailing, fastening, hobby painting, inflation and cleaning.
Industrial Air Belt Driven Air Compressor
[amazon box=” B002MKP5IS”]
This air compressor has a capacity of 20 gallons and can generate adequate pressure to move various air tools for a longer time. Its V-twin cylinder helps to improve its durability and performance.
It is powered by electricity and its operating voltage is 120 volts. It is the best air compressor money can buy and will fulfill its promises to you at all times. The durability and strength of the air compressor make it to stand out and it is sure to last for many years.
Why like this
- The product is certified by the UL and it is listed by the CSA. This in itself is a sign of reliability and gives assurance that you will always get good value for money when you buy the air compressor.
- The pneumatic tires fit every unit and this will help to improve its mobility at the Jobsite.
- The pump is oil lubricated. This will help to reduce the noise generated by the air compressor and can even cause it to last for longer.
- Each unit comes with long term warranty and this indicates that it will last for a very long time without requiring repairs.
- It can generate a maximum operating pressure of 135 PSI. As a result, it can conveniently operate any air tool at your workshop.
- Additionally, the air compressor can deliver 6.2 CFM at 40 Psi and 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI.
Things to considering Before Buy
There are so many things to bear in mind when buying the Best air compressor for an automotive shop. If you do not think about it thoroughly before going to buy the air compressor, you may never get the desired quality and it will amount to a waste of your hard-earned money.
So many brands and types of air compressors in the market today and they all claim to be reliable. However, you can trust only a few of them for the top-quality performance.
If this is the first time you will be shopping for air compressors, you will find the information provide here to help you make the right choice among the many brands and designs of air compressors sold out there today. Check below for some of the things to consider when ordering air compressors.
Check the horsepower
One of the best ways to find out if an air compressor can serve you as desired is the horsepower rating of the air compressor. You should check what the HP rating is before you buy.
You are better off going for industrial air compressors since this set of air compressors come with the normal horsepower ratings, unlike several other air compressors that come with exaggerated HP ratings. As a result of this, you will not pay more than the normal amount when you buy industrial air compressors.
Check the air pressure also
PSI is the measurement of the air pressure in an air compressor. This determines how much power the pressure generated by the air compressor can produce. The more the PSI of the air compressors, the more power it can let out.
You will not require more than just 90 PSI to run many of the air tools around successfully. However, make sure that you go for an air compressor that has a higher shut-off pressure. If you need a hobby air compressor, you can go for one capable of generating 125 to 135 PSI.
The CFM is also important
Aside from the PSI, you also need to pay close attention to the CFM of the air compressor before you buy it. The CFM stands for the cubic feet per minute and the ability of the air compressor to continue working depends on the CFM rating.
You are better off buying a standard industrial air compressor. Because the CFM on such air compressors is not exaggerating.
The reviews can tell you a lot about that air compressor and help you to determine if the best air compressor for automotive shop is reliable or not. Before you buy any brand of air compressor out there, you should not forget it read reviews about it so that you can make an informed decision when you finally decide to buy that particular type or brand of air compressor.
For example if you want to buy the best air compressor for auto body work, you must go through the product reviews for you appropriate purchase.
When reading the reviews, make sure you only focus on reviews provided by neutral outlets. You must avoid biased and unreliable sources of information about the air compressor.
Frequently Asked Question
How much horsepower should I consider?
When looking for the best air compressor for impact wrench or for any other purpose for that matter, you need to pay very close attention to the horsepower. First of all, you need to consider the specific type of air tool you have in your workshop. You should first consider the required electric power to run the air compressor. It is important in case of deciding its horsepower rating.
If the HP is 5Hp, for example, it will require 24 amps and 220 volts to operate. Many of the air tools required at automotive shops can run conveniently on 110 volts and 15 amps power supply. You can check for the Best 120V Air Compressor for your best possible choice.
How much air pressure do I need?
Most of the air tools around will not require more than 90 PSI to run them. So, you are good to go if the air compressor you are buying has a PSI of 90 or higher. You may see the exaggerated PSI on many air compressors. You should only go for industrial air compressors on which you can get the right air pressure rating.
If you are looking for an air compressor that you can use conveniently at your automotive shop, you can go of one with PSI between 125 and 135. Sometimes, you may need a higher PSI rating. Because the couplers and hose can cause a restriction on generating pressure. Consequently, it reduces the pressure you could get from the air compressor.
Which is the right CFM to choose from?
The CFM stands for cubic feet meter and it indicates the particular air volume that helps to keep your air tool running. The size and the speed of the pump fitted to the compressors go a long way to determine the CFM and the higher the CFM, the more productive the air compressor is.
This is to say that the air compressor generates more CFM as the capacity of its pump increases. While buying an air compressor, always bear in mind that the most important rating of CFM is the one at 90 PSI since this is the air pressure needed for operating many air tools.
Which is the right size I should choose?
One other very important thing you need to keep in mind when buying an air compressor is the size of the tank. Yes, size matters a lot when buying an air compressor. The air compressor tank only stores air and does not produce air. Be that as it may, the length of time the pressure can continue to run depends on the size of the air compressor.
As a result, you are always better off with an air compressor that has a big tank. A big tank filled with air means that you will not run out of air too quickly. You might get interested in the Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor in this regard.
How important is the motor
The motor goes a long way to determine how much pressure the air compressor can generate. In fact, you can get more air pressure from an air compressor with a bigger motor rather than a big tank.
Instead of focusing more on the size of the tank, it is better to focus on the capacity of the motor as this can determine how long you can run the air compressor at the jobsite.
Final Tips Before Buy
The review provided above would have enlightened you about how to make the right choice of air compressors. When looking for the best air compressor for an automotive shop, the various details provided above can help you to make the right choice. You will always be better for it if you closely consider each of the points given above.
If you are a newbie and you have never had cause to buy an air compressor before, the details given above can help you to buy right so that you can get good value for money at all times. You can pick any of the air compressors discussed above when looking for the best type you can purchase for your automotive shop.