Best 30 Gallon Air Compressor And Ultimate Buying Guide
You just cannot do without an air compressor in your workshop or garage. It is one of the best tools to take along with you to your jobsite and it will always help you do the job perfectly. If you are dealing with heavy-duty tasks, then you should look for the best 30 gallon air compressor that can help handle all your heavy tasks at the jobsite.
If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you may face one challenge or another about which one to buy. This is why we have created this review to help you make the right choice.
You can choose any of the air compressors discussed in this review when looking for the best 30 gallon air compressor for your works.
Top 10 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressor Sell List
No products found.
Best 30 Gallon Air Compressor Review
NorthStar Portable Air Compressor
This air compressor is reliable for various works at the jobsite and it is one of the best to consider when looking for a 30-gallon air compressor. It has got all the features you can ever hope for in an air compressor.
It is durable and designed to last for exceptionally long period than you could imagine. As a result, you will not need to replace the air compressor for a very long time.
You can check the highlights below for more of the features that make this air compressor to stand out-
- It has a horizontal tank that adds a great deal to its stability at the jobsite, making it more capable of withstanding any working condition.
- Each unit comes with an electric start/recoil that makes it very easy to start up the air compressor under any condition.
- It also has a 3 amp battery charging circuit. However, the battery does not come with the package.
- The cylinder comes with a V-shape design and this improves the cooling of the engine, making it even more functional.
- The tank has a capacity of 30 gallons and this means it can generate adequate pressure to get the job done.
- Additionally, the pump is made to last for long. It is made of cast iron and this confers longevity on it.
- The pump generates very little vibration at the jobsite and this further contributes to its incomparable durability.
- The power output is outstanding and the fuel combustion is far better than what obtains in many other air compressors in the same category.
Husky Portable Air Compressor
This is a beautiful air compressor to behold. It is a 30-gallon capacity air compressor capable of generating adequate power to keep your air tools running.
It is one of the best air compressors for your heavy-duty tasks at the jobsite, the best air compressor for auto body work, as for example.
This is equally handy to move about and the mobility makes it useful and versatile at the jobsite. Its ‘high performance pump’ is capable of delivering top value for money at all times.
Check the bulleted points below for more of the features that make the air compressor outstanding-
- The air compressor can generate up to 175 PSI maximum operating pressure. As a result, it can generate adequate power to drive any of your air tools.
- The noise level is also quite low; it has a noise level of 78 decibel and this means it will not cause sound pollution at the jobsite.
- The air compressor can deliver 5.1 CFM at 90 PSI.
- Each unit comes with a 9 inches wheel that enables easy mobility from one point to another at the jobsite.
- You can use this air compressor for various air kinds of tasks, like spray painting, automotive applications, nailing and stapling and so on.
- The tank capacity is 30 gallons and this increases its run time. In fact, its run time is 40% higher than what you will get in air compressors that have 26 gallon tank capacity.
- The high flow regulator in the air compressor ensures it can deliver maximum air flow to the air tool.
BelAire 3G3HHL Horizontal Air Compressor
This air compressor is one of the bets to consider while looking for a 30 gallon capacity air compressor for all your tasks at the workshop. It is one of the best air compressors to choose for your service truck applications and you will never regret using it.
The air compressor is powered by a 13 HP Honda engine capable of keeping it active for years. You will enjoy using this air compressor for sure.
Below are some of the extraordinary features that make it outstanding-
- It can generate up to 175 PSI maximum operating pressure. As a result, it can conveniently power various air tools.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a two-year warranty and this is a sign that it can last for many years to come.
- It also comes with a 12 volt electric and recoil start that makes it able to start up even under very cold atmospheric condition.
- Its fully enclosed design ensures that all the components are well protected from the element.
- The air compressor also comes with components like oil monitor, start key/panel, tank discharge valve and so on that makes it super smooth to operate the machine.
- Its noise level is equally low. Hence, it will not constitute nuisance at the job site.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a pneumatic tire that makes movement very easy.
Ingersoll Rand Wheeled Air Compressor
Are you looking for a highly functional air compressor? There is no better product to consider than this particular air compressor. It is rugged equipment and can stand its own against any unfavorable condition at the jobsite.
It is durable and will not require too frequent maintenance. Instead of buying best 10 gallon air compressor, you should go for this one since it has a higher tank capacity and can, therefore, deliver more pressure to power your air tools.
Check for more of its features pointed out below-
- The air compressor is super portable. It is a heavy-duty air compressor with a beautiful ergonomic design in both the handle and other parts.
- This air compressor is user-friendly and has a very low noise level of 80 decibels. As a result, it will not make too much noise at the jobsite.
- The side drain valve is easily accessible. It also comes with an automatic start/stop pressure switch control.
- Also, its operation is highly reliable. It uses synthetic lubricants that help to further reduce the noise produced by the air compressor.
- The air compressor can run continually for 2000 hours before you will ever need to effect any repair or replacement. This is an indication that it will give you good value for money.
- The air compressor is more powerful and reliable than those air compressors using petroleum-based lubricants. In fact, studies show that it can perform 4 times better than the latter.
California Air Tools Air Compressor
This is one air compressor that can make a lot of difference at your jobsite. It is equally among the quietest air compressors ever and its 30 gallon tank capacity means that it can deliver a lot of pressure to power your air tools.
The design is impressive and it is built to ensure increased stability. Its components are also well protected from the elements.
It features automatic drain valve and several other accessories that make it the perfect choice for running your air tools. It is equally adaptable to various functions at the jobsite.
Look these highlights below for more of its functions-
- It is smooth to handle and its pneumatic tires make it super portable to move the air compressor from one point to another at the jobsite.
- Its noise level is 70 decibel and this makes it one of the quietest air compressors with 30 gallon tank capacity.
- The pump is oil-free and this removes the need for frequent maintenance, as well as, ensures that it can last for a extraordinarily longer period.
- The air compressor can deliver 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI, which is an assurance of reliability.
- It is durable and can start up very easily, irrespective of the atmospheric temperature. Its ruggedness also confers longevity on it.
- Furthermore, the air compressor comes with a 2.0 HP motor that operates at 1680 rpm. As a result, it will generate less noise at the jobsite.
DeWalt 30-Gallon Portable Air Compressor
This air compressor is designed to stand its ground at the jobsite. It is a rugged piece of work and can handle any of the tough tasks at the jobsite. It is designed to give you expected value for the money.
The twin-cylinder pump improves its efficiency by ensuring faster heat dissipation. It also features a high flow regulator that provides an extra 20% torque so that your tough projects can be completed without any hassle.
See more of its features bulleted here –
- The operation is just a piece of cake. It comes with on-board controls that provides quick access to various features like on/off switch, quick connect air outlet, tank & tool pressure gauges and so on.
- It is a highly portable air compressor and it is easy to move around. The pneumatic tires attached to it contribute a great deal to its mobility.
- The pump is made of cast iron that confers longevity on it. The pump is equally oil-lubricated and this helps to reduce the noise level of the air compressor.
- The motor is a heavy-duty dual voltage induction affair and is capable of withstanding tough conditions at the jobsite.
- Also, the air compressor can generate up to 155 PSI maximum operating pressure. As a result, it is capable of powering various heavy-duty air tools.
- The pump has a 2-year warranty and every other part has a 1-year warranty. This gives assurance that the air compressor will last for a very long period than you could have hoped for.
Quincy Pressure Reciprocating Air Compressor
This 30 gallon capacity air compressor is outstanding and designed to get the job done. It is the perfect air compressor for professionals and can deliver quality performances at all times.
This is a highly reliable and efficient air compressor and its cast-iron material makes it strong enough to resist the elements. It is designed for very tough applications and lubrication reduces the noise it generates at the workshop. As a result, it will not cause noise pollution at the jobsite.
More of its facilities are described below-
- The tank has a capacity of 30 gallons and this means it can generate adequate pressure to power different types of air tools.
- The pump is lubricated and this helps to reduce the noise it generates. Because of this, the air compressor can be used indoor and outdoor without noise pollution.
- It is a highly efficient air compressor and the cost of operating it is very low. It can generate more pressure at a lower HP.
- The RPM is slow and this reduces the chance of the components getting worn. This means it can continue working for a long time without the need for a replacement.
- The pump can work for up to 50,000 hours without requiring any repair or replacement.
- Each unit also has long term warranty and this gives assurance that the air compressor will last for a very long time.
- The air compressor can generate 24.7 CFM at 100 PSI and 23.6 CFM at 175 PSI.
Vertical Gallon Portable Air Compressor
This is yet another outstanding air compressor for those looking for 30 gallon air compressor. It is very smooth to operate and it can handle different types of professional heavy-duty tasks. The air compressor is also portable and can be moved about without any hassle.
The pneumatic tires fitted to it make it a lot easier to move it about. It is made using heavy-duty cast iron and this confers incomparable durability and ruggedness on it. You will not have to repair the air compressor for a very long time also it can serve you for many years to come.
Mentionable attributes are given below-
- The air compressor can deliver 5.5 at 90 PSI. As a result, it is capable of a quick recovery.
- You can easily run the air compressor by connecting it to the normal household 120V connection and this is made possible by its Dual Voltage motor.
- The operation is very quiet and it will not cause noise pollution. You can, therefore, use it both indoor and outdoor.
- Its operation is very smooth and it runs safely. Thus, it will not cause any electrical damage in your garage or workshop.
- The enclosed metal belt guard further contributes to the safety of operating the air compressor.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a couple of pneumatic tires that make mobility very comfy on the jobsite and from one jobsite to another.
- It also comes with 25 feet air hose and a 3-in-1 inflation gun.
Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
This air compressor is beautiful and highly attractive. This is highly stable and well-balanced. It can, therefore, withstand the rough usage at the jobsite. It does not vibrate much and the internal components will last for long.
Its durability is also incomparable and you will always get good value for money. Instead of looking for the best 20 gallon air compressor, you can simply go for this particular one and it will generate more power than a 20 gallon air compressor.
See below for more of its outstanding facilities-
- The air compressor is from a trustworthy brand and will always reward you good return from your invested money when you use the machine.
- This is stable and very rugged. It can be trusted to withstand any condition whatsoever at the jobsite.
- It can be used for different purposes, including operating pressure washers, paint sprayers, nailers and staplers, inflators and so on.
- The air compressor can operate for up to 5,000 hours and this means it will never require frequent maintenance. It will equally last for many forthcoming years.
- The air compressor can deliver 10.2 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The safety of the air compressor is assured and no end user had ever complained about its safety. Its durability is also not in question.
- It can generate up to 135 PSI maximum operating pressure. As a result, it can power various air tools at your workshop.
- The tank capacity is 30 gallons and this means it can produce adequate pressure to power different types of air tools. It is about the best 30 gallon air compressor you can ever come by around.
Campbell Hausfeld Horizontal Air Compressor
If you need an air compressor that can serve you for a very long time and will not give you any problem, then you should go for this particular air compressor and you will never regret it. This air compressor is highly reliable and will undoubtedly provide you good return from your money.
Its design is also outstanding and it has unique stability, which makes it able to withstand any unbecoming condition at the jobsite. The components are well shielded against the elements and this contributes to the longevity of the air compressor.
More of its features are bulleted-
- The air compressor has a 13HP and this makes it strong enough to run various air tools.
- It can generate a maximum operating pressure of 175HP and this means it can run different types of air tools at your workshop.
- The machine can also deliver 27.2CFM at 40 PSI and 26.1 CFM at 90 PSI.
- Additionally, it is oil-lubricated and this contributes to its very low noise level.
- The metal belt guard contributes a great deal to the safety of the air compressor and helps to prevent accidents at the jobsite.
- Its noise level is also very low; it only produces 95 decibels of sound and will not cause noise pollution at the jobsite.
- The air compressor also comes with a long-term warranty and this gives assurance that the machine will last for an unexpectedly long time.
Things to Consider Before Buy
There are so many 30 gallon air compressors out there today and the manufacturers all claim that their air compressors are the best. However, it is unfortunate that only very few air compressors can actually work as desired by the end user.
If you are looking for a reliable air compressor that will give you rich value for the money, you need to go through the tips provided in this section of this review as they will help you to make the right decision among the various 30 gallon air compressors being sold out there today.
Even if you want to buy the best 60 gallon air compressor or the best 6 gallon air compressor for the money, you will find the information provided here to be helpful.
Check the tank positioning
The position of the tank matters when buying an air compressor. An air compressor with a horizontal tank will have more stability than one that is longitudinal. On the other hand, a longitudinally positioned tank is easier to move around. This means both arrangements have their advantages.
It is left for you to determine what you want when buying an air compressor. Irrespective of the tank arrangement that you finally opt for, you will surely enjoy what you buy. Virtually all the air compressors around today come with pneumatic tires and this contributes to their mobility irrespective of their tank arrangements.
Check for years of warranty
Before spending your hard-earned money on that particular 30 gallon air compressor, you should also consider the years of warranty on the air compressor. Some air compressors come with just a year warranty, while some other ones come with a 2-year warranty.
Furthermore, there are several air compressors that come with a 3-year warranty. The longer the years of warranty, the more reliable the air compressor is.
You can even enjoy free repair during the warranty period. You can also enjoy free replacement. However, you are required to comply with the terms and conditions of the warranty before you can enjoy the benefits.
Check if it is lubricated or not
One other thing worthy of consideration before you buy an air compressor is the type of pump that comes with it. The pump can either be oil-lubricated or oil-free. Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages. The lubricated pump does not make as much noise as the oil-free type.
The oil-free type, on the other hand, will not require too frequent maintenance. It will also not cause oil spillage at the jobsite, which is not the case with the oil-lubricated type. So, it is left for you to determine the particular type of air compressor to buy between the two types.
Frequently Asked Question!
How important is the warranty period?
You must never joke with the warranty period on the air compressor when buying yours. It is very important and can determine how reliable or otherwise the air compressor is. The years of warranty determines how much trust the manufacturers resort in the products they are selling.
It also determines how far they are willing to go as far as that product is concerned and if they are ready to put their reputation on the line.
If manufacture can give that product a long term warranty, then is it is a sign that you can always trust in that particular product also to deliver the desired quality and performance.
Is an oil-free pump better?
The air compressor can either be oil-lubricated or oil-free. Many buyers tend to be confused about the right one to choose between the two types. Both have their benefits and demerits. An oil-free air compressor is not lubricated with oil.
As a result, it will not affect the quality of the air at the jobsite or your workshop. Additionally, an air compressor with an oil-free pump will not stain the jobsite. The use of an oil-free air compressor will reduce the negative environmental effects of operating an air compressor.
Is the design important?
Yes, the design also matters when buying an air compressor. A beautifully designed air compressor can contribute to the beautiful appearance of your workshop or garage. Aside from forming the fulcrum of your activities at the workshop, the air compressor can also form a part of the décor.
A workshop or garage is rarely the cleanest or the most organized place. Even in the midst of the untidiness, the beautiful design of an air compressor can still make the garage to stand out.
While the beautiful design may not necessarily determine the reliability of the air compressor, it is still not a bad idea to consider a beautiful design when buying an air compressor.
Check for the best pancake air compressor that look really fancy and the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor that is not only trendy but also small, comfy and super handy.
Which is the best brand to buy?
The brand name of the air compressor is another major consideration when buying a particular air compressor. While searching for the best air compressor to buy, look for one manufactured by a reliable outlet so that you can get sufficient return from the money you invested.
You should look for a brand that had been in the market for long and one that has a good reputation.
Air compressors manufactured by such companies can be trusted to deliver top quality at all times. Brand names that had been around for a very long time can also be easily investigated online since you can easily find reviews about them.
How safe is the air compressor?
You should never buy that air compressor if there is no assurance of safety. Check for various safety features in the air compressor to ensure that nothing will go wrong during the operation process. Some of the safety features to consider are highlighted below-
- Relief valve
- Motor overload trip
- Water no-flow trip
- Water high-temperature trip
- Lube oil low-pressure alarm and trip
- Fusible plug
- Bursting disc
- And other safety issues
The information provided above can help you to make the right choice when looking for the best 30 gallon air compressor. If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you may find it difficult to choose the right air compressor.
Not to worry; all you have to do to get the right air compressor is to check the information provided in this review.
We have also considered several air compressors above and you can choose any of them when looking for a reliable air compressor for your workshop. There is a 100% assurance that you will receive rich value for your money, irrespective of the particular one you choose.