If this is the first time you will be buying an air compressor, you need to look before you leap so that you will not end up making the wrong choice about the different types of air compressors on sale out there today. Many more companies are making more air compressors and a newbie may be confused about the best 20 gallon air compressor to buy. If you find yourself in this kind of situation, then you will find this review to be very helpful. The information provided here will help you to choose the best 20 gallon air compressor that will give you good value for money.
- 1 Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor Review
- 1.1 STEALTH Air Compressor 20 Gallon
- 1.2 Streamline Industrial AIR COMPRESSOR Commercial – 20 Gallon
- 1.3 Craftsman Air Compressor 20 Gallon
- 1.4 Husky Portable Air Compressor 20 Gal
- 1.5 Portable sandblaster 20 Gallon Air Media Abrasive Blasting Tank
- 1.6 Eagle Silent Series Air Compressor 20 gallon
- 1.7 Ironton Portable Electric Air Compressor 20 Gallon
- 1.8 NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor 20-Gallon
- 1.9 20 Gal Portable Air Compressor
- 1.10 California Air Compressor with Automatic Drain Valve 20 gallon
- 2 Things to consider before buying the Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3 Frequently Asked Question!
- 4 Conclusion
Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor Review
STEALTH Air Compressor 20 Gallon
Are you looking for an air compressor that will give you good value for money and not make too much noise? Then you should go for this air compressor. The air compressor is ultra-quiet and will not cause noise pollution when used indoor or outdoor. The pump is also oil-free and it strikes out the need for expensive maintenance, as well as, ensures that the air compressor can last for long. It comes with large rubber wheels that will improve the stability of the air compressor.
More details about its features are provided below-
- As mentioned earlier, the air compressor is ultra-quiet with its noise level standing at 70 decibel.
- Additionally, it is fitted with an induction motor that has a life cycle of over 1000 hours. This means it will last for a very long time.
- The pump is oil-free and will not require any maintenance. It will also last for a distant future.
- The air compressor comes with 20-gallon capacity and this means it can last for long and will give you good value for money.
- Furthermore, the air compressor comes with large rubber wheels and this will enable very easy transportation from one place to another.
- Also, the air compressor can generate up to 150 PSI maximum pressure and this makes it able to complete various tasks at your workshop.
- The air compressor equally comes with a long-term warranty, which is a sign that it will last for years to come.
Streamline Industrial AIR COMPRESSOR Commercial – 20 Gallon
If you are looking for a top-quality air compressor that will last for many years to come, you should give this air compressor a try. It comes with a 20-gallon-capacity tank and this means it can work for many hours nonstop. The motor can generate 2 HP, which makes it strong enough to bear various needs. Additionally, the air compressor can deliver 5.5 CFM at 90 PSI and this ensures quick recovery time. Despite its large tank capacity, the air compressor still looks portable and beautiful. It is made in the USA and a lot of quality is put into its manufacturing.
Check below for more of the many features that make this air compressor to stand out-
- The tank capacity is 20 gallons and it can work for many hours nonstop.
- The power source is electricity and this means you will need to have a regular supply of electricity at the jobsite before you can use the air compressor.
- Despite its large tank capacity, this air compressor is still portable and can be moved around easily.
- It is durable too and can withstand virtually in any condition at the jobsite. It can also start up effortlessly even under very cold condition.
- The design is special and it is handy to move around at the jobsite.
- The motor is oil-free and removes the need for an expensive repair. It also helps to prolong the lifespan of the air compressor.
Craftsman Air Compressor 20 Gallon
This air compressor is designed to meet the need of different features and it will surely give you handsome value for money. It is one of the most affordable 20-gallon-capacity air compressors money can buy and you can successfully buy it even if you live on a budget. This is highly durable and designed to last for long. It is also rugged enough to withstand any condition at the jobsite.
We will show you more details about its features in the remaining part of this review-
- The air compressor comes with a tank that has a 20 gallon capacity and this means it can run for an extraordinarily long time before you need a refill.
- The motor is very strong and durable. As a result, it can withstand the pressure and rough usage at the job site.
- The pump is oil-free and this ensures that it can last for long and will not require a replacement or frequent maintenance.
- Additionally, the air compressor comes with an electric power source and this means you need to have a consistent supply of electricity before you can use it.
- The oil-free nature of the pump removes the fear of oil spillage and makes it easy to use the air compressor both indoor and outdoor.
- The noise level of the air compressor is very low. As a result, it will not cause noise pollution or obstruct communication when it is running.
Husky Portable Air Compressor 20 Gal
This air compressor is rugged and can withstand any condition at the jobsite. The motor is very strong and can even start up at a very cold temperature condition. The tank capacity is 20 gallons as its name implies and the air compressor can generate as much as 175 PSI maximum pressure. As a result, you can rely on it for all your air tool needs. Its design is unique and can be moved around easily.
More of its features are highlighted below-
- The maximum pressure you can generate is 175 PSI and the air compressor can deliver 80% longer run time of air tools as a result.
- The noise level is very low at 83 decibel. Because of this, you can use the air compressor indoor without obstructing communication or causing noise pollution.
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with 7 inches wheel that enables the comfortable movement from one point to another in your shop.
- This air compressor is the perfect tool for medium-duty spray and automotive painting projects.
- The pump delivers high performance and the motor fitted to it can deliver very high psi that helps complete the required tasks effectively.
- The large capacity tank does not affect its portability at all, you can store it easily in very small space in your workshop provided the small space is well ventilated.
- The air compressor can be used for various purposes, including inflation, surface prep, cutting or drilling, HVLP painting, medium-duty roofing or framing, bolting or fastening, hobby painting and even finish nailing or stapling.
Portable sandblaster 20 Gallon Air Media Abrasive Blasting Tank
This is yet another outstanding air compressor for those looking for a sander. It is very convenient to move about and its operation is not complicated at all. It is equally among the most affordable air compressors on sale out there today and it features abrasive material that is made of solid steel, which makes it able to do the job even better.
Check below for more of its outstanding features-
- The air compressor is made of steel and this prevents easy damage. The steel body protects the components and ensures that the air compressor can last for long.
- Each unit also comes with four nozzles of different diameters and makes the air compressor more adaptable to different purposes.
- Additionally, the air compressor can generate between 60 and 110 PSI. As a result, it is just perfect for the intended purpose.
- The tank capacity is 20 gallons and this means it can work for long before it requires a refill.
- It comes with several other accessories like air hose, mask and funnel. As a result, you will not need to buy any of these accessories separately.
- Despite its large size, it is still portable and the twin tires included make it easy to move about.
- The motor is very strong and durable; it can start up under very cold temperature condition at the jobsite.
Eagle Silent Series Air Compressor 20 gallon
There are so many 20-gallon air compressors on sale out there today, but Eagle Silent Series Air Compressor 20 gallon has proved itself to be outstanding. For one, its design looks impressive and technical in every wit. It is equally functional and can be adapted to various uses. It can equally generate up to 125 PSI maximum pressure, it comes with wheels that enable easy movement from one part of the shop to another.
More of its highlighted features-
- The operation of the air compressor is very quiet and it will not obstruct communication or cause noise pollution when used indoor or outdoor.
- This is durable and very strong. It has a low center of gravity and can, therefore, stand solid at the jobsite.
- Eagle Silent Series Air Compressor can generate a low amp and its life expectancy is 4 times that of many other air compressors in the same category.
- The motor can deliver up to 2.5HP and this contributes a great deal to the performance of the air compressor.
- It can deliver 7.9 CFM at 40 PSI and 6 CM at 90 PSI; this makes for quick recovery time.
- Additionally, the air compressor can deliver up to 125 Psi, which makes it just perfect for any project you have in mind.
- The pump is oil-free and easy to maintain. It equally has a long lifespan.
Ironton Portable Electric Air Compressor 20 Gallon
This air compressor is portable and comfy to move about. The two tires improve its mobility from one part of the jobsite to another. It runs on electricity and this means you can only use it if there is a constant supply of electricity in your area. The motor can deliver 1.5HP, which makes it just strong enough to meet all your needs in an air compressor. The tank is vertically placed and it has a capacity of 20 gallons.
Check the highlights below for more of its features-
- It is a highly affordable air compressor and can still deliver top-level performance despite its affordability.
- The pump is oil-free and this means you will not have to suffer expensive or frequent maintenance.
- The air compressor is rugged and durable. As a result, it can withstand any rough usage or any condition at the jobsite or your workshop.
- The vertical placement of the tank means that it will not require much space for storage. Be that as it may, it should be stored in a well-ventilated area.
- The design is highly portable and the tires fitted to it means it can be moved around effortlessly.
- The air compressor can be used for multiple projects, including stray painting, stapling finish nailing, air brushing, inflation and dusting.
- Additionally, the air compressor can easily operate various pneumatic tools, like hammers, impact wrenches, and air ratchets.
NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor 20-Gallon
This air compressor looks rugged and it is highly durable. It is built to withstand any condition at the job site and will never buckle under pressure. The motor is powerful and the air compressor can therefore start-up even under very cold atmospheric condition. The capacity is 20 gallons and it can work for a very long time. You will fall in love with its rugged look at first sight.
We will show you more of its features below-
- Each unit of the air compressor comes with a 2HP inductor motor that delivers 115V/230V, as well as 15/7.5 amp.
- It also comes with a 2-cylinder cast iron single-stage pump that can withstand any rough usage at the job site.
- The air compressor can deliver 6.0 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.0 CFM at 90 PSI; this makes for quick recovery time in the air compressor.
- Each unit also comes with a 6ft cord and plug with which you can connect it to the power source. Bear in mind that the air compressor runs on electricity and can, therefore, not be used without electricity.
- If you like, you can get the air compressor rewired for 230 V. However, the job must only be given to an experienced electrician.
- The bearing has a lifespan of 20,000 hours and will, therefore, not require frequent replacement.
20 Gal Portable Air Compressor
Aside from being functional, this air compressor is also portable and looks beautiful. Everything about it is lovable. It has a tank capacity of 20 gallons and will not require a refill for a long period. 20 Gal Portable Air Compressor can equally generate 175 PSI maximum pressure and its run time can be extended 80% longer than many other air compressors with 20-gallon capacity. This performs better than air compressors with 150 PSI and it will help you get the job done perfectly.
- The air compressor is among the quietest ever. It has a noise level of 83 decibel and this prevents noise pollution at the work environment.
- The pump is a high-performance tool and can deliver very high SCFM and PSI, thereby ensuring that the air tools can run at a high-level performance.
- Each unit comes with 7 inches wheels for easy movement around the jobsite and within the space of your workshop.
- The air compressor is highly portable and can be stored in a very small space, thanks to its uprightly-placed tank.
- Additionally, you can use the air compressor for various purposes, some of which are surface prep, cutting or drilling, FVLP painting, medium-duty framing or roofing, bolting or fastening, hobby painting, finish nailing or stapling, as well as, inflation.
- The air compressor can deliver up to 175 PSI maximum pressure, which makes it the right machine for operating different types of air tools.
California Air Compressor with Automatic Drain Valve 20 gallon
This air compressor is one of the quietest you can ever come across out there today. It has a very low noise level and can, therefore, be used both indoor and outdoor without obstructing communication or causing noise pollution. The capacity of the tank is 20 gallons and it is a two-stage air compressor with a difference. The automatic drain valve helps to improve the performance of the air compressor also. It can be moved around easily thanks to its two wheels and it is rugged, making it able to withstand rough use at the jobsite. It will always give you good value for money.
Check for more of its features below-
- The air compressor has a noise level of 70 decibels and this makes it one of the quietest air compressors ever. It can be used without causing noise pollution.
- It can generate a very high pressure of 175 PSI that makes it strong enough to complete all the intended tasks perfectly.
- Each unit comes with 20 gallons tank capacity and it will, therefore, not require a refill for long.
- The air compressor is designed to deliver a low amp draw of 12 amp and it has a high performance, making it able to last for many years.
- It can deliver 3.8 CFM at 90 PSI and 4 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The motor has a rating of 1.5 HP and it operates at 1750 RPM, which prevents wear and ensures it will not make too much noise.
Things to consider before buying the Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor
An air compressor is one of the best tools you can ever have at your workshop. If you are involved in auto body work, like spraying, you also cannot do without an air compressor. There are so many air compressors out there today, but you must also choose very carefully as only very few of them can be trusted to deliver top-quality performance. Air compressors come with different ratings and their capabilities differ from one type to another. In this section of the review, we will enlighten you on the various factors to consider when buying an air compressor.
Consider the air tool you want to power
The air tool that you want to power up can go a long way to determine the right air compressor to buy. The air compressor to be used for inflating a tire cannot be used for spraying a car. Since the power requirements differ. The best air compressor for auto body work requires high air flow and this means you need an air compressor with large tank capacity. The best 6 gallon air compressor may be good for hobby painting, but you may not be able to use it for heavy-duty painting; in this instance, you can go for an air compressor with a large tank and the best 40 gallon air compressor can work perfectly in this regard.
Consider the volume and pressure
When buying an air compressor, you need to properly consider the volume and pressure requirements of the said air compressor. Heavy-duty auto body work will require a high pressure for the job to be done properly and this means it will need higher air volume. You need an air compressor with a large capacity tank for heavy-duty painting so that you will not have to wait for the tank to fill up periodically, which can reduce the efficiency of your work.
Two main types of compressors
There are two main categories of air compressors, which are:
- Rotatory screw
- Reciprocating screw
The reciprocating piston type is the more common type sold out there today and it comes with a cylinder and piston moving up and down. It equally features a one-way valve placed at the top of the moving piston. The rotatory screw air compressor, on the other hand, is designed to enable continuous use. It is usually used with tools running for several minutes or seconds at a time.
Frequently Asked Question!
What is the right size of air compressor I need to buy?
Before you buy an air compressor, you should first determine the size of air compressor that will work perfectly for your purpose. The right size can be determined by the type of air tool you have in your workshop. Do you need the air compressor for industrial purposes or you only need something for DIY purpose? This can go a long way to determine the size to buy. An air compressor to be used for heavy-duty painting, for example, should be of higher compression grade than others; the higher the size of the air compressor, the higher the compression grade.
What is the right power rating is should consider?
The power rating of the air compressor is yet another very important feature to consider when buying an air compressor. The power rating will determine the output, which is measured in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM). You can use air compressors with very high CFM for heavy-duty purposes like industrial auto body works. The capacity of the tank can equally determine the CFM. You can go for the best 60 gallon air compressor if you need an air compressor that can deliver much power.
Should I go for an air receiver?
An air receiver can store more compressed air and it is a tank connected to a compressor. They make the compressor work better by allowing the efficient removal of particles and moisture from the air compressor, thereby preventing pulsation in the pressure generated by the air compressor. An air compressor can work without an air receiver, but it works better with the air receiver. The air receiver can equally help to prolong the lifespan of the air compressor. It can equally reduce the overall wear and tear of the machine, as well as, improve its performance.
Will an air dryer be better?
An air dryer is reliable for removing particles and water vapor from the compressed air in the tank. It will dry the compressed air and, therefore, prevent various problems from occurring, like contamination and corrosion in the tank. Additionally, the air dryer helps to prevent the air compressor from malfunctioning, thereby enabling you to get more value for money. They help to treat the compressed air and keep them clean at all times so that air compressor can carry out its function properly without any issue or hindrance.
Is the brand of air compressor important?
Yes, you should not forget to check the brand name if the air compressors before you buy. This is because some brands of compressors are far better than some other ones. Be that as it may, you must take time to read reviews about that particular air compressor before you buy. the review will give you an idea of what the past clients have to say about the air compressor and this will help you to make up your mind about the reliability or otherwise of the air compressor.
We have reviewed so many air compressors in the course of this review and you can go for any of the air compressors discussed above when looking for the best 20 gallon air compressor to buy for any purpose. They all come with their specific features, but they can still serve you perfectly. While any of the air compressors discussed above can serve you very well, you still need to read up a review about each of them it knows if they have the specific features you need in an air compressor. We have highlighted the various features above and they can help you to make the right choice.